89

The Great hall was awful. It was so dull with people only talking in hush whispers. This was not how Hogwarts was meant to be, and seriously, food makes people happy. There is food! They should be happy!

But no.

The so called "Dark Lord" was stuffing everything up and both James and Sirius hated it. It was absolute bullshit in their eyes. It had taken a toll on the whole school including their friendship group who read of the newspaper every morning afraid to hear who had been killed or had gone missing and whether it was anyone in their family.

It got so bad that Sirius and James decided to lighten the mood that dinner time. The former had a plan and after enlightening the latter a mischievous smirk rose on both of their lips.

They hopped up onto the table and the room fell silent staring at the two boys. James was the first to pull his shirt over his head and fling it in Lily's direction who caught in distaste, Sirius copied his actions his shirt falling into Madison's possession who smiled negotiating with herself whether he would actually be getting it back.

"Now, "clapped James, "when we say great, you say bacon!"

"Great!" The two boys chimed.

"Bacon!"exclaimed a few students.

"We can't hear you!"

"GREAT!"

"Bacon!"

"Still can't hear you!"

"BACON!"

"GREAT!"

"BACON!"

"GREAT!"

"BACON!"

Sirius cheered, doing a little jig and silenced the hall with and "OI!"

"Now, in honour of our amazing muggle-borns, half-bloods and select few pure-bloods who know this, copy our actions and join in if you know!" Sirius yelled.

He and James stomped their left feet, then their right and then clapped their hands. They repeated this a few times until people slowly began to stand on the benches and join them, their friends joining in, including Lily who was forcibly dragged up by Madison who laughed at the two boys.

"Buddy you're a boy make a big noise! Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day!" Sirius began.

"You got mud on yo' face! You big disgrace! Kickin' your can all over the place! Singin'!" James Added and the pair motioned for everyone to join in the chorus.

"WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU! WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU!" Students joined in and for once in a long time the room filled with smiles from those joining in. Those who didn't scowled but didn't do anything else.

The boys continued with the other verses with the student joining in with them causing a massive riot in the hall, that even the teachers joined in, Dumbledore hiking up his robes so that he didn't trip on them when he stood on the table.

He stomped along not being able to clap because he was holding the bottom of his robes up revealing some bright red and gold socks.

Halfway through, Madison was joined by Sirius who wrapped his arm around the girl and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU!" He cheered in her ear with her joining in.

"TOO RIGHT WE WILL!" Madison yelled over the noise. She embraced Sirius in a hug leaning her head on his shoulders briefly as the song came to an end but as the students went to sit down James stopped them.

"We haven't finished!" The boy told them. He waved his hands like Flitwick did when leading the school choir. "Now remember pick a tune and sing! HOGWARTS! HOGWARTS! HOGGY-HOGGY-HOGWARTS TEACH US SOMETHING PLEASE...!"

The two shirtless boys lead the school once again in song, only this time it wasn't a muggle song it was the school song. A smile laid across Dumbledore's face as he witnessed this phenomenon and he watched as Sirius embraced Madison once again.

He too didn't expect the pair to be a match, to even be friends but he could see how much the girl was helping the lost boy without even realising it. Sirius came from a horrid home whereas Madison came from nothing but happiness, and he could see how she had shaped his ways along with James, Remus and Peter. The four had shaped Sirius to be the boy he was now and they didn't know, they had held him in the darkest moments, stood by him in his stupidest times.

But from what he and James had started that time over dinner and how it was to make the students smile and the teachers he could see how much that Sirius wasn't just a boy anymore.

He was a young man who would do anything for those he loved.

He wasn't a Black.

He was a Potter-Lupin-Pettigrew-Parker.

But most of all he was Sirius.

The boy who defied his family.

The boy who went against blood-status.

The boy who acted stupid but still cared.

He was Sirius. Sirius was him. Not a Black. Not a pure-blood, not a wizard, not a boy, not a man, not a follower, not a member of the crowd, not a hater, not a lover, not a fool, not a charmer.

He was just Sirius.

Someone Dumbledore was sure would do well, so long as he kept his loved ones close.