99

Sirius and Madison couldn't stop glowing the next morning. At breakfast the pair couldn't stop blushing every time they caught each other's eye and a smile was always on their face. Only they and unbeknown to them, Alice and Frank knew why.

Everyone else was quite suspicious, eyeing the couple and each other cautiously. "Another muggle family have been murdered." Said Marlene breaking the silence thick with awkwardness.

"Oh lovely. Just what I wanted, death on cereal, cheers Marls." Said Peter, dropping his spoon.

"Yeah well I didn't want boxers for a pillow and a bra for a trunk handle, but we can't all have what we want." Quipped Frank biting into his toast, and suddenly all eyes were on him.

"What did you just say?" Asked Lily curious, "bra and boxers on your stuff? Potter, it's impolite to leave your underwear everywhere."

"T'was not mine! I do not own a bra! Unless, you'd like to gift me one of yours?"

"Oh piss of Potter!"

"ANNNNDDD, here we are for another episode of Piss off Potter, I am your hot Remus Lupin and today we are live from the Great Hall at breakfast. Our latest topic, the bra and the boxers on Frank's belongings. So Frank, any more details to add." Remus said using his phone as a microphone and leaning to hold it up to the boy.

"Yes, I do believe, the only suspect that said bra could belong to is, Miss Madison Parker who was coincidentally asleep next to her boyfriend, Sirius Black in his bed. And said boxers must belong to him, as no one else wears bright red ones with dogs bones on them." Frank sniggered.

Lily's mouth fell open as she turned her head to Madison and Sirius who were blushing wildly, well, the latter had his infamous smirk on his face but still was as red as his boxer shorts. "Welp! Look at the time, I must go polish my potions book!" Madison jumped up looking at her bare wrist and ran from the hall, neglecting her half eaten breakfast.

Sirius stumbled up, pointing over his shoulder, "I...erm have to go...polish my...Flitwick!" He too tan from the room leaving his friends in shock.

"Seriously? His boxers and her bra?" Asked Mary looking at Frank who nodded.

"Her knickers was on the floor net to his bed too."

"Our sweet little Madison is no longer olive oil." Commented Evangeline giggling.

"Olive oil?" Asked James in confusion.

All of the girls smirked, including Peter who all chorused, "extra virgin!"

They all turned to Peter who shrugged, "Hey?! I'm bot totally clueless, I also haven't been olive oil for quite some time." He smirked, blushing and popping his collar.

"Wormy! Since when? Who?"

Peter glanced at Mary who looked down blushing as well.

"Mary!" Exclaimed Marlene, "your name literally comes after virgin! Virgin Mary! My heart! My babies are all growing up!" She began to weep, wiping her dry eyes, and leaning into Lily. "Anyone else care to share?"

"I erm...I'm not either." Said Evangeline raising her hand.

"We already knew that." Stated Peter, "you're all over Caleb lately, I'm starting to cringe as much as Leo and she's his cousin!"

Evangeline scoffed and turned to Remus, "what about you, Lupin? Any lucky boy or girl?"

"If he plays his cards right, he'll have a girl soon." Said James patting his shoulder, "Bernice isn't it?"

"Beatrice." Corrected the boy who stood up, covering his face with his book. "I've just remembered I need to polish my...socks." He scurried our of the hall.

"What is it with our friends and polishing random items-wait! Padfoot is polishing Flitwick?! Merlin's beard! Ugh-I need to sort that boy out!" James left the hall as well.

"Welp, ladies, what are we doing today? Pedicures?" Peter asked them.

Lily furrowed his brows, "um, Peter? You want to do pedicures?"

"Why not? I think I'll have my toes red. Red makes my eyes pop!"

"Merlin's beard..."

* * *

Madison hid up in her dormitory, reading over a letter from her mother and father. After not speaking to them for a while she had begun to miss them tremendously. Her father was sending over some muggle chocolate to her in the next few days for the next full moon and asked her what she wished for her birthday.

Truly, she was unsure. What did she want for her birthday? Books? Maybe. Maybe not. She was coming of age, and her father was making such a big deal over it. Was it so much of a big deal?

Sighing she placed the letter on her nightstand and took out one of the books she had received for Christmas, not last Christmas, but the year before. Curling up in her onesie she had changed back into she placed her glasses on and started the book.

She didn't hear Alice walking in to get her nail polishes or what she was saying, which was only little comments about what had happened the night before. Rather fortunate of her, if she had have heard, her face would have been brighter than her future... or everyone's future.

Everything was dull and gloomy nowadays, no matter how hard the boys tried to lift everyone's spirits, it was taking a toll on everything. More students had randomly disappeared from school and not returned. People weren't trusting others, including their friends.

It was times like these where Maddie was grateful that she had such amazing friends and family. And that she could leave reality and escape into a different world in a book for a while, despite, the awful reality she had to return too.