128

"Mum," Madison whispered in the night, since finding the McKinnon's she hadn't slept at all, and the upcoming arrival of Lily and James' along with Frank and Alice's babies was fresh in the air; Madison felt sick. Not because of the idea that her friends would be happy but because Marlene would not be here to see it all happen, Sirius and Remus were fighting like cats and dogs and Peter was hardly ever there. Everything had fallen apart and she wanted to vomit.

"Yes, darling?" Replied Darcy who was ironing some clothes that had freshly been washed and dried.

"When is all of this going to end?"

Darcy sighed, every day Madison would ask the same question more than once and each day she would reply with the same thing. It was tearing her daughter apart and all Darcy could do was sit back and let it happen. Madison barely ate and she barely slept, and even when she did sleep it was broken and each night she would cry out for Mattei, Marlene, Mary and even Edvardus. Remus would visit during the day and he himself looked no better than Madison. The pair would cuddle for hours just trying to gain a sense of comfort from one another but it was as if a dementor had sucked everything out of them.

"Mum's getting worse," Remus would mumble into Madison's hair as he rested his cheek on her head, holding her in his arms as she held him. "It should be me, it should be me not her. She doesn't deserve it."

"Neither do you, Rem, you and Lyall are doing your best and that is all that you can do. I know it's hard but-"

"I know Maddie, it's even harder because we don't see Harley and mum's forever worrying and wanting to see her and we can't because of some stupid fight and stuff. I just want everything to be over, Maddie, I really do."

"So do I."

* * *

"Support his head, I don't want my son getting brain damage Leo!"

"Prongs, I have held a fucking baby before. Harry is in safe hands!"

"Language!"

"Not now Lils, Leo and I are arguing."

Lily shook her head in disbelief as she carefully wrapped her arms around Madison to give her a small hug whilst she held Harry. The door knocked and James went to go and inspect it whilst madison stayed firmly put with Lily and Harry. James returned shortly, his arm around the shoulders of Sirius who walked in smirking proudly.

"I am going to be the best godfather in the world," Sirius concluded, "now where is the little terror."

"For that comment, you can't hold him," Lily joked turning around along with Madison who continued to smile down at her godson. Sirius stopped dead in his tracks, the sight of Madison cradling a baby was a picture that would live with him forever. She was stunning and the smile on her lips made him want to kiss her like no tomorrow. All that he could see was himself and Madison having a child. He wanted that like nothing else. If anyone was going to be the mother of his child it would be Madison of course. Nobody else. He didn't want anyone else.

"Moony will be here soon, he said he would." Said James who clearly was not aware of the little spat between Sirius and Remus and was too distracted by his beautiful baby boy to notice Sirius' jaw clench.

"Go on, Leo, let Pads have a cuddle with Harry."

Madison nodded and gently handed Harry over to Sirius whispering in his ear, "be civil arsehat, this is Harry's day. Don't fucking ruin it by fighting with your brother." She emphasised 'brother', kicking him in the shin ever so slyly.

Sirius begrudgingly nodded his head, cuddling Harry into his chest making sure to support the head and Madison was just as transfixed on the sight of Sirius holding a baby as he was to her. She would be lying if she said it didn't make her yearn for a baby, to have Sirius back but until he got his act together that wouldn't happen.

When Remus and later Peter arrived, Lily got her camera out and put it on a time, in the middle she and James stood with Harry in their arms, on Lily's side was Madison along with Remus and by James' side was Remus and then Peter. They took a few photos of the group smiling and all happy, despite the heavy thickness of spite between Sirius and Remus which thankfully the new parents didn't notice.

"Godparent photo!" James announced taking hold of the camera, "now support his head!"

Madison and Sirius stood side by side, the latter cradling the newborn whilst Madison had her arm around his waist. It seemed right, the couple holding a baby together, smiling happily when really there was so much tension between them. After the photo Madison found it too difficult to stay in the same room as Sirius and decided to head home, Remus joining her, the stares and glares from his best friend were getting too much.

"Well, I'm so glad Harry got to meet his aunt and uncle straight away. Make sure to come again, lord knows he'll need it with his father already planning his first time on a broom," Lily smiled hugging the pair. "I love you both."

"Love you too, Lils," the pair replied.

"You'll be the best aunt and uncle, I would say Sirius would be a great uncle but we all know he'd be more of a second father." Lily chuckled, "right, well, be safe, and I'll see you soon."

"You will, Lils," Madison said, taking Remus' hand and the pair leaving the property. "Rem?"

"Yeah, Maddie?"

"Would you call me crazy if I said I want-"

"Sirius' baby? No. You're crazy for him and as much as he thinks ill of me right now, if you get back together I'll be happy for you both. I just want things to go back to the way things are but I'm not the traitor and he has connections..."

"I know, Rem, I know. But I don't think it would be him, it's certainly not you."

"And it wouldn't be Wormy."

"Well, this is the first I have seen him in ages..."

Remus snorted, "Wormy wouldn't do that."

"I guess so, let's just get home, eh?"

"Yes, I just want some wine and a movie right now because I want to drown my sorrows and deal with them in the morning."

"Sounds like a plan."