28

Sirius, James and Peter all transformed into their animagi forms and Remus carefully lifted Peter onto Sirius' back. "Are you sure Prongs? I don't want to hurt or crush you." Remus turned to the large stag who glared at him whilst nodding. Remus still didn't attempt to climb onto his back, resulting in Sirius edging closer to him and nudging him with his head growling. The longer they stood doing nothing the longer it would take to find Madison.

Remus quickly, stumbled onto James' back, whilst he laid down for him to get on. He through the cloak over himself and gripped James and the cloak in his hands as his friend stood up. Sirius motioned his head to the right, to tell the other two that him and peter were scouting that direction of the forest and James nodded before running in the opposite direction.

The feeling of sitting on a stag's back as her ran through the forest was rather strange for Remus but in a way quite exciting too. He saw some movement in between two trees and nudged James slightly, "Over there, one o'clock Prongs." He hissed and James halted and then broke off into a slow walk towards the two trees. He stayed as quiet as he could, but only found a centaur. He ten walked back to his original placed and continued in the direction he was originally going in. "Sorry I thought I saw movement."

James shook his head to say 'don't worry', and continued.

Sirius and Peter were having just as much luck as the other two. They searched so much of the forest and Sirius became annoyed and more agitated every five steps. It got to one point that he began to growl, at nothing but air, and trees. They passed other animals that lived in the forest but continued in search for Madison. Peter squeaked every so often when his friends growl got deeper and louder but also found it rather cute that Sirius was this caring about a girl.

Madison was in fact in the forest, she didn't know why she was, but that was just where her legs took her. Tears ran down her cheeks as she ran, her feet bare and her shoes in her hand. It was positively freezing and the snow crunched beneath her feet, they had even become paler than usual. Her whole body was covered in goose bumps, and her lips quickly became chapped and started to turn blue, but she couldn't exactly tell that, but it was clear that she didn't care. She passed animals, who looked at her strangely as if she was a mad woman, but she didn't care, she just kept running. She dove deeper and deeper into the forest, much further than she had ever gone with Care of Magical Creatures, and she was sure she was lost.

The paths soon disappeared and the spaces between bushes and trees had gotten smaller, and her pace got slower as she ran out of breath, and her legs grew tired. She was sure that if she wasn't in a dress, and devil-shoes, that didn't have laces or at least Velcro, she would have gotten further away from the castle. But no, the odds were against her. She didn't stop though, she just walked. Although, she didn't get far, he breathing got shallower and the cold had got the better of her, causing her to collapse in the middle of the forbidden forest alone, and unconscious.

Sirius and Peter roamed the forest, and still Sirius was growling. The tree spaces had gotten smaller and the paths non-existent. They were so deep into the woods that he was starting to lose hope, and believed she must have been hiding in the castle or at least returned to the castle by now. 'C'mon Maddie' he kept thinking, 'where are you?'

He let out a large sigh and began to turn around when Peter let out a large squeak dropping off of his back and scurrying slightly further into the forest. He barked at his friends and chased after him, he turned past a few trees and saw something Royal blue, peaking through falling snow. He then saw some pale skin too, and edged closer. There she was laying face down in the snow covered woods, snow falling onto her paler-bumpier-skin. He instantly changed back into his human form, as did Peter and dropped to his knees beside. "Maddie!" He yelled, in shock.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Peter exclaimed his wand pointed out in front of him, "Find, James and Remus, then lead them back here." The light blue rat ran off into the trees disappearing not long after and Peter knelt beside Sirius.

Sirius pushed some of her brunette hair that had fallen from its style out of her face, and noticed how her lips were blue and her eyes shut. He then checked her pulse to barely feel it. "Maddie, please, Maddie wake up." He cried, lifting her body up and pulling her into him.He slid off his robe and covered her over as she lay in his lap. It wasn't long until the stag that now had an uncovered Remus on its back, came hurdling towards the three. Remus leaped off of James' back before the boy had stopped running, and landed beside Sirius, also taking off his robe and wrapping it around his friend. James transformed back into his human form and also took off his robe, Peter soon followed.

"She was on the floor, face down." Peter said.

"We need to get her back." James concluded.

"How? It's a long way back." Peter asked.

"Prongs put her on your back, I will walk back, whilst Sirius and Peter walk with me, you run with her." Remus said.

"No, I am not leaving her." Sirius finally spoke, his eyes glossing over. "I'll carry her. I am bigger than an average dog, and she isn't exactly Heavy, Wormtail you also go on Prongs. We will all run back."

"You sure?" James asked his best friend.

Sirius nodded his head and stood up handing Madison to Remus. "Hold still." He said. he knelt down and weaved her arms through all of the cloaks and buttoned them up so they wouldn't come undone. He then transformed into his dog from and Remus carefully placed her on his back.

"Wait." Remus instructed and transfigured a nearby log into a sort of strap. "Stand up, Padfoot." He said before wrapping the strap around Madison's slumped body and Sirius' body. He tied it semi-tight and then said, "You're ready, she shouldn't fall off."

Sirius barked and broke off into the fasted run he could muster, and Remus and a transformed Peter both got onto a transformed James. Remus threw the cloak over his body and held onto Peter too, before James raced to catch up with Sirius.

He hoped they would all make it back in time.