66

That day whilst James, Peter, Remus and Harley were in the pool Sirius and Madison went on a walk around the neighbourhood. It was a peaceful day and the fields around them allowed them to talk and not worry about being heard. Madison took Sirius to the tree at the top of her favourite hill, the tree with two swings hanging from a branch. Lyall and Lachlan made it one summer morning for Madison, Remus and Mattei to play on. But Mattei never went there. It was Maddie and Remus' special spot, where they would go to watch the darts or hang out without having any adult to listen in to what they were saying.

Sirius and Madison took a seat on the swings, gently swinging in the summer breeze. They had enough time to talk about what happened at the station and when Sirius went to the Black Family home and how he ended up at James' house. "I still haven't completed the list you know, some of them are really hard." Stated Sirius as he looped his left hand with Madison's right.

Madison nodded, "I purposefully made it impossible to completed." She muttered.

Sirius furrowed his brows and dropped her hand he spun his body to face her more, her eyes not meeting his. "What? I said make it hard not impossible. Why would you do that?"

"I guess-"

"You guess what Madison? Huh?" Sirius snapped standing up. "Why? If you wanted to trust me why would you make it impossible?"

"I was afraid of not being afraid of you." She mumbled.

"Bullshit!" Roared Sirius. "That's utter crap! Afraid of not being afraid? Madison that's pathetic and quite ridiculous. I was willing to do anything but no you had to get you and our friends to write some impossible shit for me to do? Madison that's actually disgusting." Sirius began to walk away from the girl who jumped up and ran after him.

"Sirius!" She yelled. "Please, let me explain!"

"Explain what? Madison? Because it all seems pretty clear to me! You didn't want to trust me! I get it! Did you even want to be my girlfriend? Probably not! I have looked after you! I have stood up for you! And you act like this? I'm done. I'm fucking done." Sirius ran a hand through his hair.

"Of course I wanted to be with you and trust you. I just was scared. I'm always scared. I've never not been! How I got into Gryffindor I don't know. But I do know I want to be with you!" Madison screamed. "Please. I'm sorry." She caught up with Sirius and grabbed onto his arm. "Please, Sirius. I'm sorry. I've taken you for granted, and I'm so sorry. Please."

The boy shrugged her off of his shoulder and continued walking away. "Just stay away from me. I don't want to see you. Don't come over to Moony's for the rest of the week. You can visit him when I am not there."

Sirius broke off into a run leaving Madison to trudge behind him. Losing him as he entered Remus' house. She stood outside staring at the door hoping he would come back out.

He didn't.

Ten minutes later Lochlan came out to put the rubbish out for the rubbish collectors and spotted his daughter looking upset with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Sweetheart?" He asked as he reached her side. "What's wrong?"

Madison shook her head and let her father lead her into the house. Darcy sat in the living room a blanket over her as she watched some television. A blanket lay on the other side of the sofa where Lochlan was sat and she looked up as Lochlan and Madison entered. "Maddie?" She questioned as Lochlan sat down on the sofa cradling her in his arms. Lochlan shook his head and held onto his daughter.

"Sirius and I just had our first argument." Madison stated.

"An argument? The first argument is always the worst. Don't worry, there is no need to be upset, darling. Just give each other some space and you'll be right as rain."Darcy told her. "Now, we have work later as we have a night shift at the ministry but for now let's watch some television and maybe you and your dad can make your amazing brownies in a bit."

Madison grinned and snuggled in between her parents as they watched a random movie. She stole some chocolate from her mums bowl and placed it into her mouth giggling to herself. Her father chuckled and stole some all the same. "So we're sharing now are we?"

* * *

Sirius entered Remus' home to find James and Peter now dried and dressed laid out on the sofa, no Remus to be seen. "Where's Moony?" Sirius asked quietly.

"Putting Harley to bed for a bit, she got really tired and was practically falling asleep in the pool. We thought we would get out as well." Replied Peter. "We're going to watch a movie. Where's Maddie?"

Sirius looked down at his boots tugging at the sleeves of his jacket. "I-uh-"

"Where's Maddie?" Asked Remus as he entered the room flipping onto the sofa.

James saw the look on Sirius eyes and beckoned him over. "What happened?"

"We argued. I was really angry. Really, really angry."Sirius replied. "And I don't give a shit. I had every right to."

James' eyes widened, "woah! No need to get all fiery at us! Just calm down and let's have a chill out day watching these juggle things called movies."

Sirius nodded and relaxed into the sofa as Remus and Peter sorted everything out. "Harley will be out for a few hours at least. I put her in my bed so that she will be asleep for longer. She needs it after nearly drowning twelve times."

"Just guy time then?"

"Just guy time."