38

"It's nice that Madison has tried to carry on. Isn't it?" Lily asked nobody in particular.

James nodded, "of course it is, Lily-flower."

"Not the time, Potter." Lily spat turning to face the girls. "I mean six weeks is pretty fast."

"Yeah, but people mourn in different ways. We all know what Maddie's like, she's stronger than any other person in this room, not always physically but mentally." Mary said, painting her left ring finger with salmon nail polish. "Besides we all know that she masks some feelings, so she is most probably still upset but is covering it up for the sake of us, she doesn't like to make others go out of their way, she's that selfless, I mean it took us a week to convince her to even write that bloody list for Sirius."

"A week?" Sirius pondered, "So she wasn't going to use it?"

Marlene nodded, "She was grateful for the gift, it was only the fact that you would being going out of your way to gain her trust. She felt bad for you doing it, but we convinced her that you were okay with any task after all it was your idea."

"That girl needs to take a hit to the head. Maddie should know that she needs to have a little selfishness in her. Has she always been like this?" He turned to Remus.

The werewolf grumbled and continued to try and sleep in the armchair by the fire. "Remus, you're sick, you ought to go to the hospital wing." Alice suggested but the boy grumbled and rolled over.

Peter piped up, "He'll be fine. Don't worry about him."

The portrait hole swung open and Madison walked in. Her air was in a messy pony tail, clearly being tugged on. "Where 'ave you been?" Frank asked.

"Library." She shrugged, "Sirius a perky Ravenclaw is outside wanting to see you. She bumped into me in the library and dragged me up here to get you. Now if you all excuse me, I shall return back to the palace of books." She spun on her heel, Sirius sluggishly hauling himself from the sofa and following her out.

Once the portrait had closed behind them, the boy searched for the eagle. "Where is the girl?"

"Who says it's a girl?"

Sirius choked, "Excuse me?"

"There are quite a few boys who have the hots for you, I thought you knew that. But that isn't why you are out here actually. I needed you to be alone so I could run over the you know what training. I just used your playboy antics to my advantage." The girl shrugged and began to walk towards a deserted classroom.

Sirius ran after to her, "Okay, but we can't do it in a classroom."

"Why not?"

"Prongs has the map, and has been constantly checking it all day. We'll have to use the only room that doesn't show up on it." Maddie raised an eyebrow. "The Room of Requirement. That way, they'll think you are studying and I am getting down with an eagle."

"Yeah don't say that again, it sounds as if you are an animal molester."

His nose scrunched up as he paced passed a bare stone wall, "Gross." The door soon appeared and he politely shoved the girl into the room filled with bookcases and potion ingredients. "I propose that we meet here every time we are sorting your animagus training that way it's secluded and nobody knows where we are or what we are doing."

"Good idea, so do I just shove this leaf in my mouth for the next month?"

"Not really." Sirius pulled a lopsided grin. "It is rather complicated and took us until last year to actually get it right."