2

Sirius stared at the large pile of papers in his hands. The other boys shared the same expression as him. The entire work set the earlier that morning was complete. All done and dusted

He was under the impression that it was a shared project and wasn't sure if she was aware of that because he has had no input whatsoever. Yes, he wasn't one for homework but as it was shared piece he was going to set a time and date of when to do with her. He was not a total arse! Besides, the work was only set at one o'clock this morning, it was four in the afternoon, fifteen hours after! She also would have slept, surely? It confused him so much that he put the papers down and pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head.

"Um, Padfoot? What was that about?" James asked nodding towards the work.

"This is apparently our astronomy homework. How she's done it all already, I have no clue but it's impressive."

"What?" Peter exclaimed, "but there's so much!"

Sirius flicked through the pages looking at her neat handwriting and amazing illustrations. "Unbelievable, it's really good." James looked over his shoulder, as the pages turned, revealing the work.

"Little Miss Irish has decent writing." James chuckled, "Can I borrow this. I don't have a clue on astronomy."

"No," Sirius said, "do it yourself."

"Come on, Pads!"

"No, Prongs, it ain't fair on her. Yes, I normally would but I am sorry but this is just too good."

Remus sat watching his three best friends admiring the work before them. He knew she hadn't slept, she may be a good student but she couldn't do that in a few hours, she had stayed up the whole night and worked on it. She was not at breakfast, nor was she there for lunch so it was obvious that she was doing the work. What he didn't understand was, why? Why did she do it alone and so soon? He knew that Madison was not Sirius' biggest fan but he also knew if it was joint work, that she would not do it all herself. Madison may be quiet but she wasn't a push over and would not let someone just social loaf whilst she did everything.

"I know but Irish girl won't know."

"Why do you keep calling her Irish girl and stuff?"

"Wormtail, she is Irish. I think, that is the first I have heard her speak and I am pretty sure she had the accent."

"She is," Remus stated with his nose in his book.

"No, I'm not thick I know that, I just think it's rude to call her that," Peter muttered but it went unheard as James and Sirius focussed solely on Remus.

"How do you know, Moony?" Asked Sirius.

"She has lived next door to me since we were eight. She is originally from Galway. Now she lives in Devon like myself, obviously you pair of spanners."

"And you have failed to mention this before because?"

"Because Padfoot, you have hardly noticed her as you've been too busy snogging the face off of random girls! So why would I need to mention her?"

It was true, Sirius had barely noticed said brunette Gryffindor. He had pranked her once or twice, but it was not like she stood out in the crowd. It was also true that he 'snogged the face off of random girls', he was the 'ladies man' of Hogwarts and there was no denying that. Girls drooled and swooned over him as he passed them in the corridor, the only ones that have not were Madison and Lily, and of course a few Slytherins. Although the Slytherins had his younger brother Regulus, to drool over, Regulus was pretty darn attractive too.

Sirius shrugged and signed his name below hers on every page of the work before adding a few extra notes here and there, ones that she had missed or perhaps didn't know. He only knew because of his family's heritage and their tradition of being named after all things astronomical. Once done, he put the project in his bag and returned to what he was doing with the boys.