25

Alice, Mary, Marlene and Evangeline all left to go to the ball slightly before Madison and Lily, mainly because Lily was practically dragging Maddie from the common room and down the steps. Although the girls were not that far ahead.

Alice was of course going with Frank, Evangeline with Terrence Hughes the Ravenclaw boy that asked her, Mary with Amos Diggory, Marlene with a boy called Christian from Ilvermorny and of course Lily with Snape. James ended up agreeing to go with Anastasia Diggloeben from Beauxbatons and Sirius was going with Kalahni James from Ilvervorny and even Peter ended up with a veela called Rose Summers.

Frank greeted Alice at the bottom of the steps claiming she looked gorgeous as usual which was true, all of the girls met their dates and the marauders apart from Remus did too, but none of them left him standing alone, they all knew Madison was a handle to get into a dress from what Remus and the girls had all claimed and therefore were all weary of her not turning up. James also stayed to see what Lily looked like, despite having a date, he still longed for it to have been Evans.

"Come on Maddie!" They heard the familiar redhead hiss causing them all to chuckled under their breaths.

"I will trip if I walk any faster! Gosh, Lily a girl is not made for walking in these!"

"Maddie, they are flat shoes!" Lily exclaimed.

"Still death traps!"

"Good luck, mate." James jested patting Remus' shoulder.

Finally, from the top of the stairs two gorgeous girls arose from around the corner, the redhead clutching onto the brunette who kept stumbling slightly. James' jaw dropped slightly as he gaped up at Lily and Madison. Sirius couldn't tear his eyes of of Madison in her royal blue dress, her hair was neatly in an updo and it was just a breath taking sight to him. Madison also shocked Remus too, he had seen her in a dress only once before and that was for a party her parents held with their family and friends, the Lupin's of course being invited, to say she didn't last long in the dress was an understatement. Madison changed into a pain of jeans and a shirt within thirty minutes of the party beginning, and besides she was nine at the time.

At the bottom step, Madison's shoe fell of slightly causing her to trip, fortunately being caught by both Remus and Lily catching her. "Thanks." She scratched the back of her neck whilst straightening herself up and putting her shoe back on.

"I leave you to it, Maddie, have fun." Lily giggled and walked over to Severus who cleaned up.......nicely?

"How am I gonna last this whole night, Remmy?" Madison whispered.

"I'll be there, and therefore you shan't fall." He shook his head. "You look.......wow!"

"Thanks, mate. You look........damn!" She replied winking at him.

The different dates set off to go into the Great Hall but Remus and Maddie were stopped by McGonagall. "Miss. Parker, Mr. Lupin please wait here, all champions and their dates enter separately and open the ball with a dance."

"No one told me this!" Madison whined, "I can barely walk in these." She pointed at her shoes.

"Madison, they are flat shoes." McGonagall replied, puzzled.

"Without laces!"

The woman shook her head and left the pair with the rest of the champions and their dates. Both boys scrubbed up well and their dates were gorgeous Veelas from Beauxbatons. That didn't stop Mattei from staring at Maddie in awe, £You look great Madsie." He said.

"As do you." She nodded as Remus held her hand.

"I'll help you, you know the dance therefore if need be kick you shoes off and do it bare feet." He murmured into her ear causing her to chortle.

"I was already planning on it anyway."

Mattei watched as their pair whispered amongst each other, giggling and smiling all happily and his jaw instantly tightened. His date was over talking to Daniel and his date and he was left watching his neighbours mingle. He hated Remus, he always believed he was taking Madison from him. He wanted to ask her to the ball but Lupin got in the way, as usual. It was always Madison and Mattei until their parents decided to move to England. Now it was Madison, Mattei and Remus. Well Madison and Remus plus Mattei in is eyes. What he didn't actually see was that she treated both boys the same, of course Remus was indeed closer to her ow because they go to Hogwarts together but if it was to be Mattei and her going to the same school and Remus to a different it would be the opposite. She was aware of the tension between the boys and hated choosing between them and therefore didn't, she treated them the same when she could.

"Champions, and Champions' dates we are ready for you." McGonagall said and let them through the doors.

The great hall had been transformed into a magical winter bliss, everything was glittering and there were multiple ice sculptures around the room. The dates linked arms or hands and they walked down a pathway cleared by the students and teachers. Remus kept a firm hold on Maddie's hand to reassure her and to try to keep her nerves down, as he sense her social awkwardness kicking in. She kept her eyes at her feet until she heard her friends, including Sirius cheer her name along with her date's. "Thanks Padfoot." She heard Remus mutter but chose not to question him.

The music started and the six students began to dance. Sirius couldn't keep his eyes off of Madison and Remus' hands, he wanted to make sure his hands were not inappropriately place, much to his delight they were not. "You're doing great." Remus smiled at the brunette girl.

"Thanks."

"Altogether now!" She heard Dumbledore cheer as he lead McGonagall to dance.

Oh this night is going to be eventful.