51

"What were you doing with Maddie?" Demanded Sirius as soon as James entered the dormitory. James raised his hands in surrender and Remus peered over the top of her book, placing a square of chocolate into his mouth confused. Peter was eating some Bertie Botts, watching his friends in confusion. "Well, come on then? Tell me!"

"Does it matter, it's not like I like her! Lily's the girl for me!"James replied, moving past him and sitting on his bed. "Also task 50 is complete, she told me to tell you."

Sirius raised his eyebrows before grabbing his leather jacket. "Whatever, I have a meeting with a hot Badger. Don't wait up." He exited the room leaving the three boys to simultaneously sigh.

"I hate this," Peter said spitting a bogey-flavoured bean out. "Madison and Padfoot need to hurry up and be together. I get that Maddie doesn't know how she feels but it's clear that she likes him."

"She does know how she feels." James shrugged, running a hand through his messy hair and pushing up his glasses.

"Sorry?" Questioned Remus. "And how did you come across this information?"

"She told me."

"She just came out with? I don't think she did. She hasn't had a boyfriend nor a crush, except on Asa Butterfield, before and even then she didn't just come out with it."

"Fine, I asked her how she felt. She didn't know, then I asked her a few questions and it was concluded that she did."

Remus closed his book, "Right. . .okay. Still, nothing will happen. That's obvious."

"He's right. 'Though, I don't see why Padfoot is going off with random girls if everyone knows he likes Maddie. I also don't know why the girls aren't saying no because of Maddie." Peter stated.

"Because Padfoot doesn't want to look defeated. Also because all of these girls are desperate, have had crushes on Pads for ages, and wants to make Maddie jealous." James answered him. "They hate that a boy like him has fallen for a quiet girl like her."

The three boys shook their heads just as Frank came into the dorm wiping lipstick off of his lips. "Oh no don't do that, Longbottom! That shade rather suits you!"

"Oh piss off Potter!" Frank cried as her ferociously rubbed his lips on the back of his hand. "Er- Remus you might want to check on Madison. She's looking for you, you boys can go with apparently, well according to Lily."

Remus nodded and stood up from his bed leading the other the marauders out of the dormitory and into the common room. "Where is she?" He asked Lily who was perched by the fireplaces with the ref of the girls giggling.

"I dunno, she went looking for you all about twenty minutes ago. So I passed a message onto Frank-POTTER I SWEAR I WILL DROWN YOU IN THE BLACK LAKE IF YOU CONTINUE TO TWIDDLE MY HAIR!" James jumped back slightly, letting her red hair drop from his fingers but cheekily kissed her cheek, earning a slap on the arm from her. She then stormed up to her dormitory, her arms folded across her chest and anger on her face.

Remus and Peter shook their heads before dragging the boy out of the Gryffindor tower. It was going to be a while been as Sirius had the map, and the castle was so huge. They checked the library, the kitchens, classrooms, hallways and she wasn't in any of them. Suddenly Peter had a lightbulb moment. "What about the Room of Requirement?"

Remus grinned and the boys ran up to the secret room and paced past the wall a few times. The wall began to rumble and the large, intricate, metal door emerged allowing the boys to step in. "Maddie?" Remus called out. There was no response, nor any sign of the girl being in the room, well unless you are James and knew that the panther bundling towards the three was Madison. In its mouth was a piece of parchment. It stopped just in front of the werewolves feet and sat down looking up at him. "What in Merlin's name?" Muttered the boy who carefully pulled the parchment from its mouth. It was slightly damp from the slobber but he shook it off and opened the paper to reveal writing.

Dear Remus and Peter, but mainly Remus,

Please do not get mad. Although, I know you will anyway. SURPRISE! I am an animagus, this is Maddie if you can't tell already. ;) However, if you are going to get mad, only get mad at me. Please do not blame Sirius, I forced him into helping me by making it the 50th task on the list. He didn't really have a choice, otherwise, he wouldn't be able to complete this list. Please don't get mad at him. James already knows because he caught me transforming.

Anyway, as it is a full moon, I shall be helping the boys look after you. You have no say in the matter, it is final.

-Madison.

Remus stared down at the Madison in her animagus form and shook his head disappointedly. It was bad enough that the boys had become one illegally for him, but now Madison too! He couldn't bear the thought of all four of them getting caught and sent to Azkaban, all because they wanted to help him. What would he do if they all went away? What would happen to him? It would be all his fault. "You are not helping. Thank you for the thought and things, but Maddie, it's too dangerous."

Madison growled and transformed back into her human form. "Dangerous my arse! If it was dangerous, the boys would be dead by now."

Remus sighed, "Madison-"

"Oh do shut up Remus. If she wants to help, let her help." Said a voice from behind them. They all turned to see Sirius stood there, his leather jacket shining in the light and his hair all ruffled. Faint lipstick smudges were present on his lips, and his arms were crossed. "Glad to see it worked, Madsie." He nodded in her direction. She sent a faint smile his way before returning her gaze back to Remus.

"Well?" She asked him.

The boy shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, "You're too stubborn you know that?"

"I know. Is that an 'okay' though?"

"I suppose so." Remus shrugged and was pulled into a hug by the girl. "But I still want chocolate from you."

"I wasn't going to stop." Madison laughed.

Peter jumped up and down clapping, "You need a name!"

"I have one, Madison!"

"He means an animagus nickname," James added.

Madison shook her head, "No way! I am not joining your nickname posse."

"You won't be a marauder. Just you'll have a code name."

"Fine. .what name than Peter? As it was your idea?"

The short boy shrugged and turned to his friends who all shrugged as well. "Leo." Said, Sirius. "You know, as in Leopard. Panther is another name for a black leopard so why not Leo?"

"Now that is a good one!" Nodded Maddie.

"Well, that's settled then. Welcome to the help Moony on his monthly crew, Leo."

"Never say that again, Potter."