10

Madison was shocked. Never would she have thought that Lily Evans her best friend would judge her on her choice of friends. The brunette had bit her tongue for five years, and never spoke ill about Lily's choice of friend in Severus Snape. The greasy-haired Slytherin was someone Madison never wanted to associate herself with and be civil with, yet she had for years and all for Lily's sake. She had never spoke about her or her friend behind her back and what does she get? That exact thing done to her.

Madison was perched beside Mattei on an armchair away from the group of Gryffindors, who were sat in silence, before the curly haired boy stood up and strolled, yet again, towards Madison. "Maddie, come on! Evans was just joking around." He slung his arm loosely over her shoulders causing the girl to tense. He felt it. He didn't understand why, but it made him release her. Sirius notice her untense, so it was him that made her tense. Or maybe it was just the touch of someone.

'No it can't be that Mattei did the same gesture to her earlier and she was fine...It is me.' He thought.

"Listen, she doesn't want to hear it, leave her be." Mattei spoke.

"Who are you her dad?"

"Her best friend, now leave her alone."

"Make me." Sirius spat which caused James to come up beside him.

"Mattei don't, you don't vant to get into a fight, ve are supposed to be 'ere as guests not wrestlers." Theo said.

"Aw look, the boy can't speak for himself." Sirius cooed, patronisingly.

"I don't care, Theo. This git can do one." His Irish accent deepened in anger. "Mads doesn't want to talk to you, can't you get that into your thick head?"

"Mads, can speak for herself." Madison's cheeks shone red in anger andembarrassment. Anger towards her friends judging her and the latter at all the attention being drawn onto her. In previous years this boy didn't even know she existed let alone wanted her attention. 'It's all part of a plan'. She though, 'He wants me to become close to him so he can prank me or worse be his little rag doll, slut'. The girl shook her head and faced away from the two bickering boys, one of her friends, friends, Ansel sat beside her.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Normally she wouldn't confide to a stranger, but in the previous hours spent with the boy she got a vibe that was different from other peoples, that she had met. It was as if the atmosphere around her and him was full of trust and confidentiality, Merlin she was beginning to sound like Trelawney.

"I don't like this." She spoke in barely a whisper, "Mattei will get hurt, I've seen things Black has done before. He isn't someone you'd want to mess with." Ansel nodded his head as the girl confided in him. He could sense fear whenever the boy was around her. "You're scared of him?" He asked quietly. She shook her head vigorously, before slowly morphing it into a nod. "It es okay, Mattei will not let him touch you. Neither will I, nor the boys."

"Thank-you." She smiled before the boy pulled her into a hug.

"Padfoot, stop." James said sternly.

"Wow, childish nicknames, real mature."

"Says you." Sirius gritted his teeth, clenching his fist too. He stepped closer to the redheaded boy, who stood chuckling his arms crossed over his chest. "Oh, Mads, Madsie! I'm surprised you haven't got down on one knew and begged at her."

"You shut your little mouth." Mattei threatened, his face reddening with anger. He too had his arms now by his side and his hand clenched into a fist. Everyone in the common room were silent and crowding around the pair, watching intently as to what would happen. The usually, joyful and comforting room was now dark and filled with venom. Both boys glared at each other sending imaginary daggers penetrating into each others'chests. Their teeth grinded as their jaws locked, they were practically twins. "Why should I? Leprechaun boy? Is your boyfriend going to have to protect you?" Sirius jeered looking between Mattei and Theodore, they were the James and Sirius of Beauxbatons, except neither were the ladies man, or man whore, in other words, unlike Black.

"I don't need to." Theo stepped in, "Mattei could knock you down with 'is little finger." Sirius flung his head back, cackling at the boy who stood in front of him, James joined in not long after which meant Peter followed as always, Remus stood not doing anything, and Lily had retreated to the dormitory before hand. "I mean, you are practically only made of you hair."

Sirius had stopped laughing and the room fell silent once more, "No one insults my hair!" He seethed and lunged towards the two Beauxbatons students but failing as James and Remus clutched onto him.

Having enough of the whole incident Madison rose to her feet and clasped onto Mattei's arm. She shook her head before glancing at the marauders, shaking her head again. She pulled the redhead out of the portrait hole and down a deserted corridor, with Theo, Ansel, Gabe and Eddie trailing behind.

"What a git!" Sirius shouted as the common room began to fill with chatter once more. "Himand his minions. I want to shank 'em right up!"

"What?" James chuckled at Sirius's choice of words.

"I don't know what it means, I heard some muggleborns say it and it sounded cool so..."

"It means stab. Shank means stab." Remus stated.

"Yeah well I'll do that too!"

A/n- S/O to @heasman Can't wait for your Ron fanfic, from the bit I have read it is so good. So if/when he uploads it, I want y'all to check it out. I will tell you when it is out. :)