109

Weeks went by and Madison still hadn't come to a conclusion as to what she wanted to pursue as a career after Hogwarts. To be honest she was more concerned with getting herself and all of her friends back to health after there was a dramatic decrease from their mourning states. That and focusing on her N.E.W.Ts and trying to study for them even though they were months away. never too early to start, right?

One afternoon when the girls and the marauders chilled by the Black Lake, all wrapped up in big coats, scarves, woolly hats and gloves due to the bitter weather but they still were enjoying themselves nonetheless. "Marley-moo..." Cooed Madison poking the blonde's nose and heck, Marlene was glad it was cold and her blush could be concealed as a product of the cold air.

"Yes, Maddie?" Marlene asked the girl, a smile on her lips, one that they were all glad to see after months of the group all sad and not smiling, which is totally understandable but still, it was nice to see.

Maddie giggled and leaned closer to Marlene and at this moment Marlene was sure her heart was beating out of her chest, "I heard a Ravenclaw say that they think you're cute!" Madison told her, "I think her name is Saffron or Sapphire, I'm not sure but she is cute herself so..."

"Thnks, Maddie," Marlene blushed more. Yes, it was nice to hear that someone liked her but it wasn't who she wanted to hear it from, she wanted Maddie to be the one who thinks she is cute.

Peter pursed his lips, "Maddie, did you just admit that a girl is cute?" he asked her in shock and Sirius stiffened, taking Madison's hand in his. This is not how she wanted to come out, he knew that for sure. "Do you fancy girls?" At first, it seemed as if he was joking but at the same time, it seemed as if he was being serious as well.

Madison's teeth knawed at her bottom lip and she didn't say anything. Evangeline chuckled, "Peter I think Lily's cute, doesn't mean I like girls, some girls are just cute! Besides, Maddie is with Sirius, obviously, she is straight!"

"She could be bisexual," Peter returned, shrugging his shoulders as he plucked blades of grass from the ground and sprinkled them on Remus' legs like they were sprinkles on a cake.

Evangeline guffawed, "Don' be daft! I've known Madison since first year and never once has she fancied a girl, it's always been that Asa dude she has posters of and then Sirius, they're guys! I mean, I haven't checked but I am pretty sure they are. Isn't that right Maddie?" The girl turned back to Madison who continued to sit quietly, her teeth still chewing her bottom lip. "Right, Maddie?" She repeated. "Oh, my Merlin! You're bisexual, aren't you?!"

"So what if she is?" Snapped Marlene, "Being gay, lesbian or bisexual or pansexual or asexual doesn't change who people are! If Maddie likes both then so be it, that doesn't change the way we should treat her!"

"I wasn't saying that-" Evangeline started but Marlene shook her head.

"Sure you weren't, Evangeline! The disgusted look on your face says otherwise!" Marlene spits, "Madison's and anyone else's sexuality is not disgusting! You might be straight but that doesn't make anyone who isn't dirt on the floor!"

Evangeline scoffed, "I just think that it isn't fair on Sirius! He's dating her whilst she could be dating a girl for crying out loud!"

"Clearly he is fine with that!" Marlene pointed at Sirius who was holding Madison close, he nodded his head looking at Evangeline in distaste.

Evangeline stood up, "Why are you being like this, Marlene?! How are you so... so...okay with the idea of her being like that! She shares a dorm with us! She could be looking at us like a bird looks at its prey and we wouldn't know because she puts on this demeanour of 'I am straight! I like nothing but boys!'" Marlene rolled her eyes and jumped up cupping Evangeline's face in her hands and pressed a kiss to her lips. Evangeline pushed her off wiping her lips on her coat sleeve. "What the hell?!"

Marlene smirked, "Do I also put on that demeanour? Because I'm a full-blown vagina-loving lesbian! You didn't know that, did you? No, and for you information, I did not look at you, Mary or Lily like a bird looks at its prey, and neither was Maddie, I know that for sure. You want to know how I know that?"

James chuckled, "I do!" He said and Lily slapped the hand he had raised.

Marlene glanced at James out of weirdness and turned back to Evangeline, "Because I was staring at Maddie! You heard it! I fancy Maddie, not you! Not Lily! I didn't fancy Mary! I fancy Madison Parker! The loveable, Irish girl that I know I will never get to be mine because she loves Sirius! If you have a problem with me or her, you know where the door to the dormitory is, you don't have to share a room with us!"

All of the group, except Lily, sat in shock at Marlene's outburst. It was so unexpected but they loved it, even Evangeline felt proud of Marlene's outburst! Evangeline started to feel guilty. She was trying to comprehend the fact that two of her best friends are attracted to girls. For years her parents had drilled into her head that being gay or anything other than straight is a literal sin. What had she done?

Tears welled up in her eyes and she found herself doing the only thing she could think of - running away. She passed her boyfriend and ignored his shouts of 'come back!' and 'what's wrong, Eva?', she couldn't face him. Especially as he is Madison's cousin.

Back at the lake, Madison buried her head into Sirius' chest out of embarrassment and it gave her the freedom to process what Marlene had said.

She likes me?

Remus turned to Marlene, "Thanks for that, I was tempted to slap her but I don't hit women."

Marlene smiled, "It had to be done. I get that her parents think it's a sin, we all know that, but bloody hell she's seventeen! Fuck me, she can think for herself now!"

Madison chuckled and lifted her head up, "Thanks, Marley."

Marlene nodded at the girl and was cut off before she even started talking, "Hey, Pads, next time you want to perform a speech about your love for Maddie, you can go to Marlene and you can both agree and talk, rather than talk our ears off. Thanks. Much appreciated." James winked at his best friend who rolled his eyes.

"Yes, and you can go to Snivellus and have a cosy lust over Lily." Sirius retorted.

Peter snorted and rolled over laughing bumping into James' legs, Remus joining him but because they were on top of the hill, Remus rolled down the hill and before he could stop himself he dove into the freezing waters of the lake.

"Well shit, that took a turn!" Madison exclaimed staring at Remus from on top of the hill as he stood up, spitting out lake water. Everyone looked at her with a look that read 'really?' and she grinned sheepishly, "Too soon?" Sirius giggled and Madison ran off down the hill to help her friend before she said anything else stupid.

Madison helped Remus out of the lake and back up the hill, James patted the girl on the head like a patronising teacher to a student who has done well and he smirked. " Good, bi!" Madison glared at him and his smirk grew wider. James' eyes widened as she raised her hands as if she was going to throttle him. "Uh..." he started backing away slowly before turning around and breaking off into a sprint. "Buh-Bi!"

Madison got the pun straight away and chased after him, "PRONGS YI' FECKIN PRICK!"

The others laughed at the boy being chased by the pissed girl and Sirius placed his arms around Remus, "C'mon , Moony, let's get you in the warm whilst they play children."

"Thanks, Pads."

"No worries, Moony...OI! WHEN YOU TWO HAVE GROWN UP WE'LL BE INSIDE!" He yelled at his girlfriend and best friend. "Bloody nightmare, the both of them!"

"But you love them," Said Peter giddly watching James in amusement.

"Of course I do."

A/n- James' puns courtesy of SlvtherinStories 🌈