3

Madison felt uncomfortable under everyone stares and began to fidget. It was something she had grew used to, fidgeting, it became a habit. A habit that was hard for her to control, awkward situations were the worse for making her do it.

"Your neck looks pretty bad," Lily stated breaking the silence.

"It's fine," Madison replied, quietly not looking up, but her hand found its way to her neck and began to rub against the bruises

"You left your book," Said Sirius, standing up and holding it out for her. She was trying to avoid all eye-contact with him but couldn't escape this.

"Thank you," She replied, her voice was timid as she hold of the book.

Her actions confused the boys, excluding Remus. Sirius eyed her curiously as she took it and sat down at the table in the corner alone. She opened the book and began to read it, he couldn't help but notice how the girls just left be. He whispered to James his thought on.

James smirked, "Say Evans, why do you just leave lil' ol' Irish over there alone."

"Her name is Madison, you know Potter, and because she likes it. Besides, you won't get a word out of her when she is reading."

"Yeah she gets so engrossed into the book that you can clash pans beside her ears and she won't hear you," Evangeline added and Remus nodded.

"I would like to test that theory, only I haven't any pans. So I will just shout." Sirius grinned standing up and walking closer to her. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He screamed as loudly as he could. She didn't even blink.

The other students chuckled, as Sirius slumped in his chair. "Weird lass."

"You can't talk," Remus joked.

"Thanks," Sirius rolled his eyes, looking at his wristwatch. "Oh look at the time, dinner."

"Let's go shall we, but first, Lily will you go out with m-"

"No, Potter," Lily cut him off walking over to her friend. "Maddie, it's time for dinner."

"Maddie!" Evangeline shouted, no reply.

Remus chuckled before strolling over to the brunette, he swiftly took the book from her grasp snapping her back to reality. She looked up at him her big brown eyes staring right at him. "Dinner," was all he said.

She rolled her eyes before standing up, taking her book back from the boy and trailing next to Lily out of the portrait hole.

"Evans will you-"

"NO!" Lily snapped, speeding up her pace causing Madison to do the same.

* * *

It was late in the evening, and it was dark in the dormitory the only light was from the moonlight shining through a gap in the curtain. Madison laid awake on her bed her wrist and arm hurting still. She knew she should have gone to the hospital wing and got Madam Pomfrey to sort it out, but that meant she would have to explain how it had happened and she hadn't even told the girls or Remus the whole story. The rest of the girls were sound asleep. She was really tired but she hadn't managed to sleep as of yet.

She sometimes found herself struggling to sleep so had a bottle of sleeping potion tucked in her trunk for the occasional use. As she took a swig and put the bottle back, a blanket of darkness overtook her.

His eyes penetrated into her as if he was searching her soul. A devil-like smirk playing on his lips never leaving. His wand was pointing directly at her and he had what looked like a dungbomb in his other head. He threw said object up into the air slightly before catching it, he did this repeatedly. She was pressed up against the cold, stone wall, her wand lying on the floor metres away. It was as if she had the full-body binding curse on, she couldn't move, not even a little bit. She was frozen with no way of escaping. Unless of course she was able to leave her body like her History of Magic teacher, Professor Binns somehow managed to do so.

Another figure emerged from the shadows and unlike the first boy, who had long curled hair he had shaggy hair and round spectacles. "Say Padfoot, what are gonna do?" He asked the smirking boy.

"I'm going to give her what she deserves." The other replied throwing the bomb and a few hexes at her. A putrid smell riddled her nostrils and she began to squirm around on the floor. The different hexes had formed a large one that she had never heard of and it caused her a great amount of pain. She wanted to cry out but she couldn't, it was as if her voice had run away. Just like she wanted to do, run away from Sirius Black and James Potter. Before another hex could be thrown her way, she jolted.

Madison jumped awake, sweat pouring down her forehead and her breathing yet again uneven. It wasn't the first time she had had a nightmare about the boy. Her mind certainly loved to make her squirm in her sleep. Only it felt different to the others, before any hexes could be thrown at her she usually woke up, this time she woke up afterwards.

Knowing she would not get anymore sleep, she headed back down to the common room. Madison placed herself by the fire but stared out of the window. So many stars were visible even though it was a fairly cloudy night. She instantly could make out the constellation of Orion and the Ursa Major, oh and the Ursa Minor. The heat of the fire warmed her yet the view of the sky chilled her, it was a strange night at that. Yet, it got even stranger when a certain person trudged down the steps.

A/n- Shout out to @shadowsculpture for all of the comments so far. Thank you.

(Edited 2021)