4

"What are you doing awake?" He asked, brushing his hair from his face before slumping on the love seat which was placed in front of the arm chair she sat on. Her breathing hitched as he stared at her waiting for an answer. She couldn't form any words thanks to the repeated images flashing in her brain if the dream she had just had, so she merely shrugged. "You don't speak much do you?" She shrugged again.

"I'm beginning to think you have a shoulder spasm." He chuckled lightly, "Anyway, you didn't have to do the homework by yourself and so early, although I have to admit it was good." Madison raised her eyebrows, was he actually being genuine? "Now you have an eyebrow spasm."

Madison stayed quiet, her thumbs attacking one another as she fidgeted. Sirius Black and her were in a room together... alone. A nightmare in itself. "I know I am amazing and all but I am not really liking this one way conversation."

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"There we go, progress!" Sirius exclaimed, "Now why are you down here? Can't sleep?"

Madison shrugged once again.

"Come on, you can tell me. I won't bite." Sirius said.

"Had a nightmare."

"Ah, nightmares."

She raised her eyebrows, confused. Unlike what she would usually do with any other person, she didn't ask him why he was awake. It felt rude but in that moment conversing with him was the last thing she wanted to do.

Sirius sat watching the girl. He didn't understand why she was quiet. He had noticed that around the girls, and Remus she was slightly livelier, but not by much. There was more to this girl than he knew, well it was obvious there was, except he had only really known of her existence for twenty-four hours. However, he did wonder if there was more she wasn't telling her closest friends. Sirius couldn't sleep either, it wasn't for the same reason as her. He simply was unable to sleep.

The pair sat in silence for about two hours. Madison resumed her position on looking at the stars, and Sirius watched her. He was interested in her, not in the girlfriend type, but just the intriguing way. He watched her mumble the names of constellations and stars under breath, he noticed her name all of the ones visible from the tower, except one. Sirius had looked at the stars so many times from where she was sat and knew of each star and constellation that she should be able to see. 'Sirius' was the only one

It got to around half past five in the morning that the girl stood up. She left the common room and traipsed up to her dormitory leaving the marauder to himself.

She grabbed a couple of towels and headed into the shower. She showered and then placed her robes over her body. Her hair was still ringing wet, she wasted no time in drying it with a simple charm. Her and the girls all kept their hair stuff in the bathroom together and shared it all. She grabbed a couple of hair ties and french braided her long brunette hair into two pieces. She clasped her usual bracelets around her wrists and her four leaf clover necklace that was a gift given to her a while ago.

It had taken her all of an hour to get ready, including her shower and she placed her dirty clothes and towels in the basket at the end of her bed. Madison slung her bag onto her shoulder and kept hold of her book as she descended down to the common room. Sirius was still there only now was in his robes, she exited the portrait hole and made her way to breakfast.

Not many people, despite the teachers, were awake and in the great hall for breakfast. She took a seat at the Gryffindor table, and took some bacon and baked beans onto her plate along with some hash browns. Her book was open and in her hands as she ate and read at the same time. A similarity both her and Remus shared, reading non-stop.

Twenty minutes later all of the Marauders and rest of the girls were in the common room, after getting ready for the day. "Padfoot, you were up early." Peter noted.

"Couldn't sleep." He shrugged, watching his best friend get rejected once again by Lily. "Neither could lil' miss Irish'."

"Her name is Madison!" Evangeline snapped. They all knew that Madison wasn't pleased when she was called things to do with her nationality. It irked her a lot. "Besides, she always gets up early."

"Nope, we were in silence from about one til' half five. She don't speak much, does she?"

"She's uncomfortable in social situations," Remus stated, not bringing his head up from his book. "She's like it around a lot of her family too."

"But she does get more chatty and sociable when she gets used to you." Marlene added, nodding her head.

All of the information being processed in his brain made Sirius even more curious about Madison. She is about one of the only girls in school who has not been noticed by him, or been his 'snog buddy.

She was weird, different and peculiar

He didn't seem to like it very much

Edited 2021.- still crappy lol