130

The news of yet another two deaths shocked the nation. However, the deaths were overshadowed by one particular survival. The little baby boy who only earned one tiny scar in the shape of a lightning bolt. His name is Harry James Potter. Lord Voldemort was no more, much like James and Lily Potter whom he had murdered only moments before. Harry Potter is now the most famous wizard of all time.

After arriving home, Madison's stomach turned. Something wasn't right. Her heart felt heavy and her tummy was as wishy washy as a boat on strong tide. her parents sat normally in the living room, Lochlan reading the newspaper and Darcy sewing up the hole in her husbands best jacket. They smiled kindly to their daughter as she entered the living room but shrieked in shock when their front door burst open and a frazzled Remus Lupin came rushing in.

"Another two deaths!" He cried, "and another. Dad has literally just left after hearing the news. The order has been summoned but he told me to stay because of the full moon on Tuesday."

Madison sighed, "and it needed you to rush in, Moony? It's such a common thing nowadays, Hun." She grabbed onto his shoulders just as Lochlan slammed the paper down and stood up.

"I'll go. Darce, I need that jacket for tomorrow, stay here." He stayed and exited soon after.

Remus fell onto the sofa in exhaustion, he pulled Madison down with him and held her close. "How are they? I said I'd visit tomorrow, I had a job interview today, I just got home. I think it went well."

"That's great. They're still on edge but nonetheless they are all well. And baby Harry, oh my fucking shit, he's a babbling cutie and I just want to smoosh him nonstop."

"He's adorable. It's a wonderment how he's actually Prongs'." Remus chuckled airily.

"Prongs can be adorable... rarely. But yes, Harry is just an angel. Oh he's going to get so many girls, if he takes after Lily and breathes attraction. If he takes after Prongs in theta department, then he's definitely going to get a wonderful girl one day, no matter how hard she plays."

Remus and Madison continued to discuss baby Harry unbeknown to the horrific murders that have taken place. Gushing over Harry allowed the time to slip away from them and even Darcy joined in with the discussion bringing in comments about Madison as a baby much to her embarrassment.

"...she would rarely wear clothes, we would find them strooned all of the places and just see a bare backside toddling around without a care in the world. I'm sure we have photos and even videos somewhere, I'll have to fish them out. I'm sure they're in the cupboard under the stairs with all of the other photo albums and tapes.

"Mammy! He doesn't want to see that!"

"I mean, it's nothing I haven't seen before, Maddie." Remus sniggered, "or been explicitly told about from a drunken Padfoot."

"Gross!"

The door opened slowly, indicating that Lochlan was home. With the cold draft that followed him a sense of sadness trailed in behind him as he trudged into the living room looking as pale as a ghost. "Lucky, darling, you're an awful shade of white, are you alright?" Enquired Darcy.

Lochlan shook his head, his fingers tugging at his fraying hair. His eyes hung low and his hands seemed to shake and nobody was sure whether it was his arthritis or they were simply just shaking.

"Madison, my darling daughter. Remus," he began, "I'm so sorry."

"Da', what's going on?"

"It's Lily and James."

"No!" Madison screamed, "I was just there! No, it can't be them!"

"It is, darling."

Tears dribbled down her cheeks, dropping from her chin onto her shirt and the floor, Remus collapsed into a similar state. "Harry?" Sobbed Darcy, her hands cupping her mouth.

"Survived somehow. Just a scar on his forehead. Nothing else, Dumbledore is siding him to his aunts."

"He must come here," said Madison through her tears, "in his godmother, I promised them that if the worst came to worst I'd keep him bloody safe-"

"I said that to Moody, Dumbledore isn't having it any other way."

"Why?! Petunia and her pigs are fucking horrid! I'm his godmother!"

"And Sirius knows where you live!" Lochlan yelled above his daughters outburst of sadness and anger.

"What's he got to do with it?"

"It was him. He sold them out to Voldemort. And he's just gone and murdered thirteen muggles, and another wizard."

"Sirius might be a prat but he wouldn't-"

"Maddie, I said-"

"No shut up Remus! Sirius would not do this. Not to James and Lily! He wouldn't. There is no way! Not to muggles. Not to another wizard!"

Madison kicked over the coffee table and through her glass of water at the wall, it smashing and raining down onto the carpet like the room was crying. Remus shook his head in disbelief, he didn't want to believe it would be Sirius, but he wasn't entirely opposed to it either.

"Who is the other wizard?"

"Bloody, brutal, Darce. Blew him up, only a finger left. I'm sorry kids." Lochlan apologises again, "it was Peter."

"Peter?!" Madison screamed, this time a book went flying and lord knows Madison wouldn't hurt a book like that unless it was a really serious issue. Lochlan went to grasp his daughter but she pushed him away.

"Sirius has been arrested," Said Lochlan.

Madison stormed out of the house. Her parents and Remus' mournful cries echoing after her. She flipped them off and travelled straight to Sirius' flat. She hammered on the door. "Oi fuckwit! You better open this door right fucking now! It can't be true! You wouldn't do that! Not to them! Not to our best friends!" Her fists were sore, the pounding on the wood turning them a bright shade of red much like her tear-stained cheeks that were fully soddened. No answer. "Knobshite! Open this fucking door!"

Whipping out her wand, the simple spell she learnt in school and a click, the door was open. The flat was cold, a dirty plate and some pots were by the sink ready to be washed, a thick smell of his aftershave lingered in the air and everything was as if he had just nipped out for the evening. Sirius couldn't have done it? Could he?

Madison headed straight to the bedroom, still messy as usual, unmade bed and shirts all over the floor. She dove onto the bed, burying her head into the pillows that smelt exactly like Sirius. She clutched the sheets tightly begging that this was all a dream, that he would come through that door, humming to a weird sister's song, a takeaway box in hand. Yet, even Madison knew that it wouldn't happen. So, for what seemed like the one hundredth time, she screamed. Her throat ripping raw, feeling like she was sliding a knife down the inside.

"YOU BASTARD!"

"YOU STUPID PRICK!"

"I HATE YOU!"

"HOW COULD YOU?"

"YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE EVIL SICK TWAT!"

"... who wouldn't do this..."

A/n-
And that's the end of Afraid. Thank you to everyone who has made it this far and allowed me to continue writing the story of Madison and Sirius. It's been a wild one to say the least. Rest assured there is a sequel, which will be up soon. It's called "Hate how much I love you". Stay tuned for that 🧡