110

Evangeline did not get even a look her way from her friends. They couldn't believe what she had said and this not talking to her at all. Madison didn't stir anything between Caleb and Evangeline. She loved her cousin too much to hurt him just because of Evangeline's views and therefore left them alone.

A few months went by and Sirius spent Christmas at the Potter's house whilst the Lupin's and Parker's shared one together. Notably, Mrs Lupin did not look well at all.

Harley was there and she didn't understand that Hope wasn't well. She kept climbing onto her aunts lap and cuddling her, wanting her to chase her around the house and play tickles with her but Hope just wasn't able to do so.

Both Remus and Lyall tried their best to act normal and entertain Harley the best that they could without upsetting her but a few times they couldn't help it.

"Harley will you please go play with your toys somewhere else?!" Lyall snapped at the young girl as she played around on the kitchen floor whilst he got a glass of water and nearly fell over her.

Harley stiffened and her lips trembled. She scooped up her toys and ran out of the room as quickly as possible. Immediately Lyall felt bad for shouting at his niece, she was only seven now, her birthday having been on Boxing Day. It was now the twenty-eighth of December. He sighed and sat down next to Lochlan placing his head in his hands.

Lochlan placed his hand on his friends shoulder, "she'll understand, don't worry." He said, "Just like Hope will get past this."

Lyall shook his head, "I hope so. The healers have given her some potions and they seem to be helping."

Madison smiled and sat down next to Lyall, "that's good then, she's on the mend."

Lyall nodded then sighed again, "I feel so bad about snapping at Harley."

Remus wrapped his arms around his father, "it's okay, dad, you're stressing about mum, I'll go talk to little one."

Remus left the room to find his cousin and Madison made some coffee for the men. Hope and Darcy were in the living room talking and the men were in the kitchen with Madison.

"How is Sirius, Maddie?" Asked Lochlan, "And James along with Peter, how are they? And the girls?"

"Sirius is good, he sent me a letter along with James just yesterday. They are having a blast, James' uncle was very drunk on Christmas Day and started singing old folk carols. Peter is with his parents and grandparents and I haven't heard from him. Lily is still arguing with Petunia but has had a good Christmas nonetheless, despite Petunia's new fiancé Vernon being a downright pig. Marlene is good too along with Alice and Frank. I don't know about Evangeline, we haven't spoken for a few months."

Lochlan furrowed his eyebrows, "how come?"

Madison stiffened, "Oh we just had an argument, that's all."

"What about?"

"Don't worry." She told her father slowly stirring the mugs of coffee.

Lochlan stood up, "darling, you know you can talk to me. You always tell me everything."

Lyall began to worry about the girl as she didn't say anything. "Madison?"

"I don't want you to hate me," she said quietly just as her mother and Hope entered the kitchen, the former holding Harley who had been crying but now had a smile on her face with Remus trailing behind.

"Hate you? Why would I hate you?"

"What's going on?" Asked Darcy holding Harley close. Remus shuffled past and went to Madison's side, he could see her eyes clenched shut."Madison?"

"I'm bi." Madison stated and Remus clasped her hand in reassurance.

"You're bisexual?" Reiterated Lochlan, "okay, that's fine."

"You don't hate me?" Madison turned around and looked between her parents.

"Why would they hate you? Bicycles are fun! Sometimes I think I am a scooter!" Exclaimed Harley.

The room filled with laughter from the little girl's words. "No darling, she's bisexual." Hope told her nieces.

"What's that? Is that a new type of bike?"

Chuckling Remus took Harley from Darcy's arms, "no little one, it means she doesn't just like boys she likes girls."

"So do I! Am I a bike?"

"You not understanding. You know how Maddie fancies Sirius?"

Harley nodded her head, "he's very much fanciable."

Madison looked at the seven-year- old in confusion but shrugged it off.

Remus continued. "Well, Madison fancies girls too."

"Woah! Can I do that? That sounds fun!"

"Harley, you don't need to worry about who or what you like because we agreed that boyfriend bad!" Remus told his cousin.

"Girlfriend good?"

"No relationships bad!" Remus told her sternly. "We need to keep you innocent."

"So I shouldn't tell James that I'm the one that out chilli powder in his pants when they stayed over last time? Just say I didn't do it?" Harley whispered but everyone could still hear her.

"Why did you do that, monkey?" Laughed Lochlan poking her nose making her giggle.

"Siri told me too!" She whispered, "but shhh! It's a secret!" Everyone pretended to zip their lips remembering how James jumped around in pain one morning. "So, Maddie, do you love Lily?"

"As a sister, yes."

"But you just said you fancied boys and girls! Do you love Remmy?!"

"As a brother."

Harley sighed and wriggled from Remus' arms, "you're impossible woman!" She stormed from the room. And poked her head around the doorway moments later. "IMPOSSIBLE!"

Madison giggled and fell into Remus' arms. Remus wrapped his arms around his best friend and leaned his head on her shoulder. "Speaking of relationships. We need to talk." He whispered into her ear.

Madison nodded and the pit shuffled out of the room, waking as one as they still hugged one another. They made it into the living room and fell onto the sofa next to each other, pulling a blanket up over them.

"I asked Beatrice to be my girlfriend yesterday." Remus said, blushing.

"And?"

"She said yes."

Madison squealed and hugged the boy. "I'm so proud of you for putting aside everything else and just doing it! I'm happy for you Moony!"

Remus chuckled, "thanks Leo. I know you both don't get on that well, but can you try, please, for me?"

Madison nodded, "of course, you're my brother, if she makes you happy then I won't do anything to jeopardise that."

"Don't you mean leopard-ise that?" The boy smirked and Madison rolled her eyes.

"You're awful!"

"It comes from genetics."

A/n-
Ello!

Are any of you fans of Harry Holland?

For anyone who has no idea who that roast king is, he is an amazing photographer and short-film director and twins to Sam Holland, older brother to Paddy Holland but also a younger brother to Tom Holland!

Anywho, I have a book called 'simple things' out all about Harry. It's not a conventional book of mine but I like it and I hope anyone who reads it does too.

So if you do like him and have some spare time, can you please check it out, it would mean a lot.

If you don't know him or just don't want to, that's cool too!

❤️❤️