Sirius Black x Reader

"Jean Valjean had gone to jail sobbing and shaking; he came out impassive. He had gone in desperate; he came out grim.
What had gone on in his soul?"
That's what was written about Jean Valjean, but you're a firm believer that the same thing had happened to Sirius Black.
You're sitting across from him after he excapes Azkaban. He's staring at the floor, his elbows on his knees, his hands clasped between them. You put your arm around him and kiss his temple.
He turns slowly to look at you. His eyes are wild and broken. "You know," he says, voice raspy from lack of use, "I can't remember a thing about you before seventh year."
"I wouldn't expect you to. I was quiet and shy, and you were, you know, shagging in broom closets."
"He no doubt thought that this man... was only too well aware of his misery, that the best thing to do was to distract him from it and to make him believe, if only for a moment, that he was a man like any other, by being perfectly normal with him."
This was how Monsieur Bienvenue reacted to Jean Valjean, and it's what you believed to be the best way to react to Sirius Black.
Sirius gives a little smile. "Yeah, I missed out, huh?"
"I was under the impression that it was I who missed out. At least you have stories to tell."
"Yeah, but they'd be better if you were in them."
"Okay, Sirius." You smile a bit.
"What about Remus? Do you know where he is? Or if he's even... Is he okay?"
"Yeah, he's all right. He's moved around a lot. But he's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts this year."
"Oh, nice."
"It is, yeah."
"You know I didn't do it, right?" He says desperately.
"I let you in, didn't I?"
"That doesn't mean much."
"I know you didn't do it."
"Thank you." He slips his hand into yours.
"Well, your birthday's coming up. What do you want?"
"It's not really a day to be celebrated. My existence is wretched."
"I think it's a day to be celebrated. What do you want?"
"Just you."
"What?"
"I'm pretty messed up, but I'm not messed up enough that I let you go when I've just gotten you back."
"Charming."
"I am. Thank you."
You smile. "Hey, anytime."
"So... Do you have a new lover as good as I was?" He gave a little grin.
"Is there anybody as good as you?"
"That was a good answer. I appreciate you always feeding my ego."
You laugh. "You're welcome."
"Do you have a new lover not as good as I was?" He amended.
"Everyone pales in comparison next to you."
"I've taught you well." He laughs. "So, I can kiss you?"
"What have we talked about about manners?"
"May I please kiss you?" He corrects, already leaning in.
"You may not." You back up.
"I can't?" He keeps leaning forward.
"Nope."
"Has that ever stopped me before?"
"Nope." You laugh and kiss him.
He pulls you out of your hair and onto his lap.
"Sirius?"
"Hm?"
"I missed you."
"Not as much as I missed you."