Sirius Black x Reader

Sirius has been gone for just over a month. At first it was kind of nice not to have to deal with all his shit. Good riddance.
Of course, that barely lasted two days. Now you just miss him, but you aren't about to be the one to apologize. You initiated that last time, it's his turn now.
It had been a month and a half since you last spoke. You went out of your way to avoid places he might be, and he did the same.
You finally see him at Mrs. Potter's Christmas party. You'd known he would be there, of course, but there were only so many things you could get out of.
"Well, you look nice." You tell Sirius, keeping your voice relatively flat. He was dressed impeccably (thanks to Mrs. Potter, you're sure), but he had a bruise on his cheek and walked stiffly and with a limp.
"Yes, thank you. You look all right as well." He says in the same tone, offering his arm.
"Thanks." You take his arm and go inside with him.
You split up not long after, and stay apart for the rest of the evening. Neither of you have told anyone about your "little misunderstanding," because you both know it won't last.
You go home with little more than civil goodbyes with Sirius. If he weren't so stubborn, this could have all been over weeks ago.
You go straight to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee. You sit at the table and look out the window into the dark while you drink it.
Your front door opens loudly. You jump, spilling coffee on the table.
"Y/N!" Sirius calls impatiently.
You set your cup down and follow his voice, finding him in the living room.
"You're driving me insane." He snaps at you.
"You're being an arse."
"You could've talked to me today."
"The road works both ways."
"Y/N—" He cuts off.
"Inside voice, darling." You say cooly.
"I love you." He says thickly.
"And?"
"And I'm sorry."
"Me too." You smile. "Coffee?"
"I'm not done!" He snaps.
"Continue, by all means."
"You look absolutely beautiful tonight." He continues angrily. "Like, really fucking gorgeous and I haven't thought about anything else all damned night."
"Well, thank you, Sirius. I'm flattered."
"You fucked me over. I could've gotten laid tonight by whoever the hell I wanted."
"And why didn't you?"
"Because I couldn't get you out of my head. I'm a bloody idiot."
"Ah, something we agree on."
"Can you emote, please?"
You shrug. "I'd rather not."
"Are we good, babe?"
You smile and kiss his cheek. "Yeah. You want coffee?"
"No. I wanna get this dress off you. I want to get laid by the only person I want."
"Well, my coffee's getting cold, so you'll have to wait."
"All this to spite me?"
"Why else?" You smile.
"Can I get a kiss, at least?"
You kiss him. "I love you."
"I kind of like you too." He kisses you back, reaching to unzip your dress.
"Coffee."
"Coffee." He agrees, reluctant. "Look, if James asks, I came in guns blazing and we had hot, angry sex."
"Is that the story?" You raise your eyebrows and turn to go back into the kitchen.
"Yes. If he knew I missed you so much I settled for drinking coffee and looking at your beautiful face, he'd never shut up."
You turn around with a smile. "You think my face is beautiful?"
"That's your comment?"
You laugh. "I know you missed me, babe."
"No I didn't."
"Ah, but you just said you did. No takesies backsies."
He laughs. "Guess the cat's out of the bag then."
"I know you love me."
"I really do." He grabs his coffee cup from the cabinet and pours himself a cup, but leaves it on the counter. He picks you up and sets you on the counter, wrapping his arms around you. "Let's not avoid each other for more than a day again, okay?"
"Sounds like a plan. Hand me my coffee?"
He grabs your coffee from the table and comes back, putting his arms back around you. "I have an issue."
"Yes?"
"I'm in love with you."
You freeze with your cup to your lips. You lower it slowly and put it down on the counter, looking at Sirius. "What?"
"I'm not saying it again, Y/N—"
"I'm telling James."
"No—No, don't tell James."
"I am. I'm gonna tell James."
"Don't tell James."
"I'm gonna tell James. I'll tell him your story too, if it makes you feel better."
He pauses, considering. "Yes it does. But he's putting Harry to bed now, so don't call yet."
"As you wish." You kiss him. "I love you."
"I love you too. I'm staying the night."
"I don't recall extending an invitation—"
"May I stay the night?"
"You may." You sip your coffee.
He lets you go and sits at the table with a sigh. "Oh, dear."
"What?" You slide off the counter and join him.
"I fear I'm desperately in love with you."
"Yes, well. Ditto."
"Ditto? That's all you've got?"
You nod. "Yep."
"I'm going home." He doesn't stand.
"Leave, by all means."
"I will."
"I'm in love with you, Sirius."
"Thank you. Was that so hard?"
"No, I suppose not."
"Hey."
"Hey."
"Marry me?" He looks up at you.
"Excuse me?"
"I don't have a ring—I mean I have one, but it's at my place. I can go get it."
"No speech?" You smile.
"I can."
"I don't have three years."
He laughs. "Me neither, baby. So, what'll it be?"
"Yeah, I'll marry you."
"How 'bout we celebrate with hot, celebratory sex?"
"I think we shouldn't have sex till we're married."
"I'm calling it off."
"Drink your coffee."
"Love me."
"No."
"Love me!"
"No!"
He gets on his knees, clasping his hands. "Love meeeee."
"Fine."
"Thank you." He says calmly, getting back in his seat.
You laugh. "I love you, Black."
He leans across the table and kisses your cheek. "Love you too."