Remus Lupin x Reader

You and Remus are studying in the library one evening.
"What do you have over there?" He asks from across the table, craning his neck to look at your book.
"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." You don't look up. "Really, there should be an index in this thing."
"What're you looking for?" He asks, getting up and walking around the table. He sits beside you and leans in to read over your shoulder.
"Dragons."
"Flip three pages." He says.
You do so, and find them.
"You've read this too many times." You laugh.
"Yeah. James used to have an obsession with dragons, so..."
"Ah, makes sense."
You read about dragons for a bit, and, at some point, he slips his arm around you.
"Remus?" You ask suddenly, turning to him.
He removes his arm and sits back in his chair. "Yeah?"
"I love you."
He shakes his head. "No... You don't." He kisses your cheek and clears his throat, reaching behind him and rubbing the nape of his neck. "Shall we return to studying?"
You nod and turn back to your book.
Who is he to tell you how you feel?
He reaches across the table and grabs A History of Magic and runs a hand over his face before reading.
"Quit tugging at your tie." You say after a while.
"Sorry."
You glance out the window to see snow.
You tap his arm excitedly. "Remus!"
"Sh!" Several people say.
"Remus!" You whisper.
"What? What's wrong?"
"Look! It's snowing!" You quit tapping him and point out the window.
"Yeah. That it is." He agrees.
You bat your eyes at him.
He sighs. "Okay, fine. Let's go." He agrees.
You grab his hand and pull him out.
"Dance with me." You smile once you get on the lawn, the snow already piling up on the ground.
"What?"
You grab his hand and twirl yourself. "Dance with me." You grin.
He doesn't want to say that he loves you. He knows that he can't protect you how he'd like to. He knows what he is, and how dangerous that is for you. He doesn't want you to get too attached, because he can't stay with you forever.
But as you twirl to face him again, wrapping your arms around his neck with a pure, happy smile, and lightly touch your lips to his, the words slip out. "I love you." He says emphatically.
"I know. Dance with me."
"There's nothing I'd like more." He smiles gently, and dances with you.
You give him a smile, but say nothing else.
He drops his mouth down beside your ear. "I love you." He whispers, because now that he's overcome the initial fear of saying it, he never wants to stop.
"I love you too." You put your head on his chest.
"I don't want to leave you." He says quietly.
"So don't."
"Please don't leave me." His arms tighten around you.
"I won't."