Bucky Barnes x Reader

You met Bucky at a pub. You'd been out to eat with some of your friends, and he'd asked you to dance, with that charming smile of his. When the war started, your mother told you that you should do "anything a man fighting for your freedom asks short of leaving with them," so, of course, you'd told him yes and let him lead you away from your friends.
His smile had turned out to be fitting. He was easily the most charming, amiable man you'd ever met. You would have left with him when he asked, but if anyone were to see, they would make assumptions, and word would get around.
"Meet me again tomorrow?" He asks.
"What time?"
"Seven."
"I'll be here." You smile, and rejoin your friends, and the four of you walk out, giggling and whispering like school girls.
You go there the next night, as promised. You half expect him not to show up, but he does.
"Sorry I'm late." He says with a smile. "My friend talks a lot."
You laugh. "No worries."
Again, you don't leave with him. He'd offered to walk you home, but you'd declined.
"Will I see you tomorrow?" He asks.
"Sure." You smile.
He kisses your hand and watches you walk out.
Your father stops you the next night as you're leaving. "Who are you going out to see?"
"Just a friend." You shrug nonchalantly, and he lets you go.
Bucky's there before you are, this time. He's sitting at the bar with a blond boy.
You walk up and touch his arm.
He turns around, his face lighting up. "Y/N. Hey." He smiles.
"Hello." You smile.
"This is Steve." He gestures to the blond. "He's the one I've told you about."
"Hello, Steve." You smile. "It's nice to finally meet you."
He smiles and stands. "It's nice to meet you too. I was just leaving."
"No, no. Stay."
"I can't. Thank you, though." He holds out his hand to help you onto the stool.
"Thank you." You smile, sitting.
Steve walks away, and you turn to Bucky with a smile. "He's absolutely adorable."
"Sure. He's a pain in the ass--Sorry." He looked like a deer in headlights. "He's a pain." He amended.
"It's all right." You smile, amused.
"May I walk you home?" He asks again.
"That would be nice."
So the two of you leave together. He offers his arm, and you take it. You walk in a comfortable silence.
"I'll be deploying tomorrow." He says casually.
"Oh." You look down at your feet.
"I'll be back in six months."
You nod.
"I'd like to see you when I return."
"You could write me while you're gone." You suggest timidly.
"I'd like that. Very much."
He walks you to your door, and kisses your hand. You smile and go inside.

Six months and many letters later, Bucky comes home.
Steve, the blond boy you'd met, had invited you to go down to the train station to meet Bucky with him. You'd readily agreed.
"Steven! Been behaving, buddy?" Bucky's smooth voice asks loudly from among a crowd.
"Always." Steve grins.
"Y/N." Bucky says, stopping in his tracks.
"Hello." You smile.
He reaches to kiss your hand, but you hug him instead. He drops his bag and wraps his arms around you.
"Good to see you, Bucky." You smile.
"You too." He grins. "Meet me at the park tomorrow?"
"I'd love to."