Will Herondale x Reader

"Will!" You yell, marching into the institute.
"What?" He asks innocently, poking his head out of a doorway.
"Why are there feathers in the foyer? Have you been attacking the ducks in the pond again?"
"Me? Never. I avoid the ducks in the pond." He steps out and comes to look at the feathers. "My, there are a lot of feathers. What do you suppose's happened here? You don't think any ducks got in, do you? Well."
"I'm afraid your anger is geared towards the wrong person, Y/N." Jem says as he walks in with a broom. "I ran into a demon on my way home and we got into a bit of a scruple with some birds. I made quite a mess."
You reach out for the broom. "Give me that, I'll clean it."
"I can do it."
"You should shower."
"Y/N's right, James. You smell horrid. Like a gaggle of ducks." Will adds.
"It's a gaggle of geese, I believe, William." Jem corrects.
"Tomato, tomato." He pronounces it "Tah-maye-toe, tah-mah-toe."
Jem laughs and takes the broom back from you, beginning to sweep the feathers out the door.
"My, my, Jem. You really taught those ducks."
"I believe they were pigeons. I see you've showed somebody who's boss as well, Will, by the state of your hair and clothes."
"Jessamine says this is fashionable, for your information." Will says haughtily.
"Jessamine lied to you." You hide a smile.
"Meet me in the broom closet, and we can adjust yours as well." He winks.
"William, leave poor Y/N alone." Jem smiles.
"Really, Will. Be civil." You say, giving him a smirk that wasn't meant for Jem's innocent eyes.
"Shall we go on a walk?" Will asks you.
"No."
Jem wasn't oblivious to your little smirk. Jem wasn't oblivious to anything. He took his leave.
Will reaches out and takes your hand, leading you out the still open front doors.
"Will." You say as the two of you are walking the perimeter of the pond, a parasol of Jessamine's shading you from the harsh noonday sun.
"That's my name."
"Will." You repeat.
"I love hearing it through your lips, I must admit."
"I care for you." You forge on.
"I care for me too."
"No you don't." You laugh a bit.
"Correct, my apologies. I'd expected you to comment on my outstanding physical appearance and I hadn't thought of another response."
You laugh. "Okay, William."
"Well?"
"Well what?" You smile.
"Aren't you going to comment on my outstanding appearance?"
"You have an outstanding appearance."
He bows. "Thank you, I know."
You laugh.
"Y/N." He says after a while.
"Yes, Will?"
"You have an outstanding appearance as well."
You laugh. "Thanks."
"Y/N." He says again, pulling you to a stop.
"Yes, Will?"
"I care for you too."
"I know." You smile widely, savoring the rare moment of Will emoting.
"Please remain calm, but there's a duck behind you. They smell fear." He says, staring past you.
You laugh. "Come on, Will." You turn and continue walking, and when you turn to talk to him again, he's long gone.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@horselover0594