Fred Weasley x Reader

You stare across the common room at Fred and George. They're leaning over a table, talking in whispers and occasionally laughing.
Fred looks up and sees you. His grin quickly slips into a worried expression and he say something quietly to George. George looks at you, then says something the Fred with a nod. You advert your eyes and turn to walk away.
"Hey, Y/N! Wait up." Fred calls, jogging towards you.
You turn around and aim for a smile. "Hey."
"Hey. You okay?"
"Yep. I'm fine."
"Really? 'Cause you don't look all that fine."
"I'm fine." You repeat.
"Do you wanna talk?"
"No. I just... Thank you. You've made my life worthwhile--"
"And it wouldn't be worthwhile without me?"
"That's... not what I meant. I just... I wouldn't ever laugh without you and George. So... thanks. I really love you guys."
"I love you too--So does George, but you know."
You smile a bit. "I'm gonna... I've got to pack. I'll see you around."
"No, why don't you come over here for a bit? We're making an elaborate plan and we could use some of your wisdom."
"My wisdom?"
"Yeah."
"Not right now." You smile a bit.
"No, really. You should come. Let us make you laugh more." He nudges you with his shoulder.
You reach up and wrap his arms around his neck. "I love you, Fred."
"I love you too." He whispers, wrapping his arms around you. "You can talk to me, you know. I am your boyfriend."
"I know."
You stay there for a while, you refusing to let him go, and him content to just stand there and hold you.
"Fred?" You whisper, your voice cracking.
"Yeah?"
"I want to die."
"Not on my watch, sweetheart. Let's go for a walk, okay?"
He grabs your hand and pulls you out. "Talk to me." He says once you get outside.
"You wouldn't understand." You say quietly with a shrug.
"Let me try."
"I don't want you to. I want you to stay exactly how you are."
"And I want to help you. Let me."
"I don't want to be alone." You start to cry.
"You aren't alone. I'll be here forever, whenever you need me." He brings your hand up to his lips and kisses it.
"I don't want to drag you in."
"I don't want to be locked out."
"I can't be who you want me to be." You say quietly, looking up to meet his eyes as he pulls you to the side.
You've never seen him stay serious for so long. His trademark grin is gone, and he's looking at you somberly. "Who told you who I want you to be? Because I know it wasn't me." He says. "I don't want you to be anybody but yourself. You don't have to pretend. Just be you."
"You wouldn't like me."
"You're right. I wouldn't like you, I'd love you, just like I do now."
"I'm not... happy."
"We'll get there eventually. And I'll be there when you are."
You hug him again. "I love you."
"I love you too."
When you go back to the common room, you go over to George.
"Could you make Polyjuice Potion?" George asks you.
"I suppose so? Why?"
"We're slipping it into all the drinks in the Great Hall."
"And how do you plan on doing that?" You ask.
Fred dumps a pile of ingredients in front of you. "Leave that part to us."
After yours and Fred's conversation, he refused to leave you by yourself. He, of course, preferred that he be there to watch over you, but when it was absolutely necessary he had to leave, he'd either stick George with you or Ron, if George wasn't available.
One morning after leaving you with Ron and somehow waking up curled up in Fred's bed, you go down to the Great Hall to see it full of Professor Snapes.
You look around, confused. You step back out, because that was obviously a trick of your mind. You have depression, not psychoticism, right? Right.
So you open the door again, but nothing's changed. You can tell which one is the real Snape, because he's not amused--nobody else seems to be too amused either, except two Snapes laughing at the Gryffindor table, but the one up at the High Table seems particularly unamused.
So you're not imagining things. Okay.
You go over and sit beside the giggling Snapes. It was odd seeing Professor Snape laugh.
"How'd you know it was us?" The two say simultaneously.
"Everyone else is terrified or angry."
"Stay away from the pumpkin juice." One of them advises.
"Will do."