Sirius Black x Reader

He's terrified of you.
And no matter what you do, he won't so much as raise his voice at you.
He'll scream at James, holler at Remus and shout at Peter, but he won't even speak sharply to you.
So you made it your life goal to rile him up every chance you get.
You sit on the couch with him one night, his arms around you.
He's been moody lately, so you've been more gentle than normal, but that seemed to make him mad more than anything.
"What, so you like me to try to piss you off?" You ask.
"No."
"But you're angry because I'm not."
"Yes." He said, moving for a better position and practically smashing his lips onto yours.
"Whoa, PDA." James says, coming over and plopping down into a chair.
"Shut up, Prongs." Sirius growls.
"Whoa there, tiger. It's fine. Just come stay with me."
"I'm fine." Sirius snaps.
"Padfoot, just--"
"No."
"Then stop being a little bitch and taking your shit out on everyone else. I don't want to put up with it, Remus and Peter don't. I'm sure Y/N does. So get the hell out of your little pity party and either come stay with me or get the fuck over it."
You raise your eyebrows at him.
Sirius says nothing for a second. "Kiss me." He says, kissing you again before you can respond.
"Sirius!" James says.
"Sod off, James." Sirius briefly pauses your kiss to growl.
"No, Sirius. Listen to me."
"I've spent the past six years listening to you, Potter. Do me a favor and fuck off."
"Sirius." You say sharply.
He stops talking.
"Come on. Let's go for a walk." You say.
He stands.
You grab his hand, and he lets you lead him out.
He follows you, fuming.
You end up in a deserted hallway. Sirius, ever the wanderer, probably knows where you are, but you don't.
"All right, Padfoot." You stop walking and turn to him.
"What?"
"Tell me why you don't want to go home."
"No one said I don't want to go home." He growls, spinning on his heel to look at you.
"I'm not an idiot."
"I know. You're brilliant." His words are nice, but his tone is just as angry.
"Tell me what's going on."
"No."
"Talk to me, Sirius. Just let me help you."
"I don't need help!" He yells. "I don't need your pity, and I don't need your sympathy!"
"And I'm not giving you either." You answer calmly.
"I'm fine! I'm just fucking fine! My parents are fine and Regulus is fine! Everything's fine!"
You wait.
"I don't care!"
"Okay."
"And neither do you, so just leave me the fuck alone!"
"Excuse me?" You answer, your voice raised. "I don't care now, huh? I'm sorry, I didn't realize all this shit I do for you signifies not giving a damn! You don't even know the half of what I do for you, you're drunk all the bloody time!"
"Shut the hell up! I don't fucking need you to clean up my messes!"
"You realize that I know everything, right? I know all about your shitty parents! I'm not cutting you any slack for your rudeness and your disrespect because your daddy hits you and your mummy hates you!"
He raises his hand, and if you don't know better, you'd think he means to hit you.
He turns and slams his fist into the wall. It sounds painful.
He puts his uninjured hand on the wall and bows his head, breathing deeply.
You wait silently.
"Let's go back." He says quietly, pushing off the wall and walking.
You jog to catch up. You slip your hand into his.
He pulls his hand away. "Don't. Just.... Don't."
"I'm sorry for what I said, Sirius. I was wrong--"
"No. You were right. I was wrong. I apologize." He crosses his arms.
"Sirius."
"Sh. Please. Just... I'm sorry, Y/N."
"For what?"
"I almost hit you."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did. You saw me."
"You were four feet away. You couldn't have reached me even if you'd wanted to."
"I'm sorry I got angry. I'll do better, I promise."
You grab his arm to make him look at you. "We're talking about this, Sirius."
"I don't want to." His voice cracks.
"You have a right to get angry with me."
"I don't want to be. All these years I've been so bloody scared I'd hit you. I was going to do it, Y/N."
"No you weren't. You wouldn't. You're a good man."
"I'm not."
"I think you are."
"Well, you think wrong."
"Sirius."
"Please forgive me. I'll never yell again, I--"
"Yelling and hitting don't have to go hand in hand. Just because that's what you've seen doesn't mean that's how it has to be."
"I don't..." He sighs and looks away. "How did you know about it?"
"It upsets James. He was upset and told me, and then, you know, made me swear not to tell you I knew."
"Oh."
"It's okay, Padfoot."
"No it isn't." He says, starting to sob and back away. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I swear to God I'll never--"
"Sirius, just chill out, okay?" You step forward and reach up, wrapping your arms around his neck and hugging him. "It's okay."
He clutches onto you and leans back against the wall. "I'm so sorry."
"It's okay, Padfoot. I love you."
"I don't think you know how much I love you." He whispers, taking deep breaths into your hair. "I don't want to hurt you."
You kiss him softly. "You won't, Sirius. It's okay."
He calms down after a while, and you start your journey back to the common room.
"So... James told you, huh?"
"Yeah. But don't tell him I told you or I'll get in trouble."
"I won't. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just didn't want you, you know, being different or anything."
"What's the worst I could do?"
"Break up with me."
"Why would I do that?"
"Why wouldn't you?"
"Sirius, James is giving you the opportunity to get out of all of that. Why don't you take it? There's no reason for you to live as you do."
"I'm perfectly fine."
"We can hear you screaming from my dorm." You say quietly.
"What?"
"If we're up late we hear you scream. You know how sometimes you have nightmares?"
"I don't have nightmares."
"Whatever, Padfoot."
You slip up into his dorm that night. It's the middle of the night and there's nobody awake, so you simply slip into bed beside Sirius.
He doesn't wake up.
You fall asleep eventually, but you wake up to the bed shaking. You open your eyes to find it's because of Sirius.
You prop yourself up on your elbow and put your other arm over him, leaning to look at him. "Sirius." You whisper.
His response is making a frightened noise.
You shake him gently, not wanting to frighten him more.
He jumps, gasping. "What the hell?"
"It's me." You whisper.
"Y/N?"
"Yeah."
"When did you get here?"
"A couple hours ago."
"First girl I've had fully clothed in my bed."
"Shut up. Are you okay?"
"Kiss me."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
Y'all, so I really wanna write a Bucky fanfic, but I don't know. I haven't finished the last two fics I've started haha But I might start this one anyways and we'll see where it goes.
I don't have a plot or anything so it probably won't be very good, but... 😂
Anyways. Let me know what y'all think, and I'm open to ideas or advice. ❤️
Xo