Sodapop Curtis x Reader

You wake up to something hitting your window. You open it to see Soda standing outside, grinning at you.
He gestures, and you climb out and run into his arms. He spins you around and kisses your cheek.
"Hey, baby." He grins.
"What's up?" You smile.
"Just wanted to stop by and see if you'd come with me on a walk."
"Sure thing."
It's impossible not to smile when you're around Sodapop.
You slip your hand into his as you walk.
"What'd you learn in school this week?" He asks. It sounds casual, but it isn't.
You tell him all of it, and he listens without interrupting once.
"I can't explain the math stuff, though. Darry probably could, if you asked."
"I ain't asking Darry that." He says.
"Soda, I think you're a genius." You tell him, glancing up at him.
"I ain't."
"You are to me."
He pulls you over into the glow of a streetlamp. "Dance with me." He grins, wrapping his arms around you.
The sweet slow dance almost immediately turns into him dancing to amuse you and you clapping and laughing, very amused. You lean against the base of a streetlamp, watching him fondly.
A nice looking car comes down the road and you point. Soda stops dancing and turns around.
He turns back to you, holding out a hand to help you up. "C'mon, let's get out of here."
By the time you grab his hand and stand, the car's already come to a stop in front of you and three soc's get out.
Soda half pushes you behind him. "Just look here--"
"No, you look here, greaser." The apparent leader says.
One of the guy's lackeys has the indecency to whistle at you.
Usually Soda's the one stopping you from beating people up. He's usually calm, at least choler-wise. This time you have to grab his arm and hold him back.
"Don't disrespect her like that." He snaps.
"We don't want any trouble." The leader says, holding up a hand to hold his goons back.
"Then what do you want?" He asks.
"Hand over your slut and--"
"I'm not a slut, you--" You begin.
Soda pulls his blade. "Do you wanna say that again?" He growls.
"I said to hand over your girl and we'll be on our way."
Soda starts forward, but you grab his arm.
"As the one being so rudely objectified, I'm going to have to object to your demands. You have no right, and I suggest you leave." You say calmly.
"Oh, how cute. You think we care."
Soda starts forward again. "You back off, you dirty--"
"Soda, hush. Put that blade away, baby." You say, grabbing him again. "Sadapop, put it away. It's fine. Let's get out of here, babe."
After a second, Soda pockets his blade.
"Thank you." You say. "Now let's--"
You cut off when Soda lurches forward, slugging the ringleader.
The other two fall on him, and so you jump in.
Darry and Soda never let you fight, but this time no one can stop you.
You extend your hand to Soda.
He takes it and stands, giving you a nod.
"That was unnecessary." You inform him as the two of you walk away.
"It was necessary."
"It wasn't."
"They can't just come up and disrespect you like that! You aren't some lowly slut!"
"I'm not." You agree. "But it's okay, I don't care."
"I care! You're so much better than that! They can't treat you like you're shit!" He fumes.
"Sodapop, it's okay."
"They think just because I'm stupid I won't fight back, huh? Showed them."
"You aren't stupid!"
"Whatever."
"Sodapop!"
"What?"
"I think you're smart. I think you're perfect."
He puts his arm around you protectively. "I'm sorry 'bout how they treated you. That was--"
"It's fine, babe."
"Stay with me tonight?"
When you get to the Curtis' house, Darry's waiting up.
"Aw, shit." Soda sighs, but leads you inside.
"Soda, where have you been?" Darry demands, standing as soon as you walk in.
"What happened to you two?" Pony stands up from the couch.
Soda's hand tightens around yours.
"Soda." You say warningly.
Soda recounts the story anyways, getting just as angry.
"Did they get you, Y/N?" Darry asks gruffly.
"No."
"You okay?"
"Yes."
"You sure?"
"Yeah. Thanks, Darry."
"She okay?" Darry asks Soda.
He nods.
"You okay?"
He nods again.
"Get to bed. You too, Ponyboy." He says, and walks away.
Still holding your hand with one hand, Soda puts an arm around Pony. "C'mon, Pony." He says, leading the two of you away.
You follow Soda into his room. He tosses you a t-shirt of his to change into.
He adverts his eyes while you change.
You climb into the bed first, because you like to sleep by the wall. He cuts off the light and climbs in after you, wrapping his arms around you.
"You think I'm smart?" He whispers.
"I think you're brilliant."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
multifandomtrash67