Tony Stark x Reader

You wake up to an Iron Man suit in your bed.
"I'm sorry." Tony says quickly. "I didn't mean to. I must have summoned it in my sleep. I... I'm sorry, honey. Don't get up."
You get up anyways, raking a panicked hand through your hair.
"I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Please." Tony continues.
"It's... It's okay." You manage to get out.
"It's all right, baby. It's okay. I'm sorry. Don't leave. Please don't leave me.
"I'm just going to get a glass of water." You say quietly.
You go to the kitchen and lean your head on the side of the refrigerator, taking deep breaths.
"Okay. It's okay." You whisper to yourself.
You have to remind yourself that Tony's probably just as frightened as you are.
You get a glass of water and go back to the bedroom to find Tony sitting on the side of the bed, his head in his hands.
You sit beside him and offer a sip of your drink.
He shakes his head. "I'll go work on it. I must have done something wrong..." He stands.
"No, sweetheart. Come back to bed."
He looks at you. "You want to risk a repeat?"
"I'm willing. Come back."
"I'm not tired anymore."
"I don't like to sleep without you."
"I..."
You crawl back into bed. "Come on, Tony. Please."
He gets in bed beside you. You scoot over and put your arm around him. He turns his head into your shoulder. "I can't do this."
"You'll be okay, darling."
"I'm not. I won't."
"Tony."
"You're a saint, babe."
"You're a hero, darling." You counter.
"No I'm not. Heroes don't manufacture weapons that kill millions of innocent people."
"You stopped."
"I never should have started."
"You can't change the past, Tony. You can write the future, though. So write one where you love yourself."
"I wouldn't know how."
"Therapy can work wonders, you know."
"I don't need a shrink." He sits up and kisses you. "Please don't leave me. I swear to God I'll work all this out."
"Who said I was going to leave you?"
"I just assumed you would since I've gotten so.. messed up."
"That's not how relationships work."
"It isn't?" He looks at you.
"No, Tony."
"I thought everyone left as soon as crap happened."
"Not if they love you."
"Are you saying you love me?"
"I've never said otherwise."
"You don't understand how lucky I am to have you." He says, sitting back and putting his arm around you.
"I love you." You lean your head on his chest and let your eyes close.
He touches his lips to the top of your head. "I love you too." He whispers.