Bucky Barnes x Reader

You follow Steve and Bucky around all night. You're exhausted and just want to go home, but Bucky's determined to make the most of his last night before he ships out in the morning. If you said you wanted to go home, he would take you, but you don't want to get in his way.
You finally go home around one. Steve and Bucky walk you to you house.
"You okay, babe?" Bucky asks as he kisses your cheek.
"Fine." You smile. "I'll see you in the morning."
"Yes ma'am." He agrees.
You go inside, and Bucky and Steve leave. You get in bed, but you can't sleep, so eventually you get up and walk down to Bucky's.
You almost knock on the front door before realizing that it's nearly three in the morning. Instead, you let yourself in, locking the door behind you. You go through the rooms, turning off all the lights Bucky had left on and end up in his bedroom.
"Y/N?" He asks from the darkness as you open the door.
"Yeah." You say quietly.
"I was hoping you'd come. Come here."
You get in bed beside him. He opens his eyes to look at you.
"Come here." He repeats.
You put your back against his chest and he wraps his arms around you. "You okay, babe?" He asks again, putting his face in your hair.
"Yeah. You?"
"Good." He kisses your neck lightly. "Why are you here if you're fine?"
"I wanted to spend more time with you."
"You had all night." He smiles. "Not that I'm complaining, of course."
"What are you thinking about?" You pull out of his arms and turn back over to look at him.
"Nothing. Why?"
"Your heart's racing."
"No it's not."
"Yes it is."
He winks. "Only because you're here, babe. So, uh, did you, you know, have something in mind, or did you just come here to sleep?"
"Sleep." You smile. "Sorry to disappoint."
"I'll survive." He smiles, grabbing your hand and pulling it up to his lips. "Come back over here."
"Are you afraid?"
"Afraid of what?"
You give him a look.
"I'm not scared."
"Not at all?" You raise your eyebrows.
"Maybe a little." He says casually, smiling, like going to fight a war isn't something that should scare anyone. "But you gotta do what you gotta do."
"But you don't have to." You squeeze his hand without meaning to.
"Well, I can't just sit here. We talked about this. I thought you were okay with it."
What were you supposed to do? Tell him he couldn't join the army? No. "I am. I think you should do what you feel called to do."
"So we're good?"
"Yes. I'm just concerned. And I'll miss you. Who's gonna occupy my time with you gone?" You smile.
"Guess you'll have to find you another guy. But fair warning, doll, you won't find one as cute as me."
You laugh. "I know. I'll find something."
He stops smiling. "I'd actually really rather you not find someone else."
"I won't. Stopping Steve from trying to lie his way into the army is a full time job. Don't worry."
"Can we stop talking now? Come here. Let me hold you."
You kiss him.
"Okay. So this is better. I vote we do this instead."
You laugh and roll your eyes as you move back into his arms. He puts his face back into your hair and mumbles that he loves you.
"Sorry? I didn't hear that." You say, just to make him say it again and louder.
"Nothing."
"Asshole."
"Hey. I'm about to go fight a war for you. You can't fling profanity at me."
"Well, I just did." You laugh.
"I love you." He repeats at a normal volume. "I love you a whole damn lot."
"I know." You answer.
"Are you shitting me?"
"No." You say casually.
"Get out of my bed."
"You get out of the bed."
"It's my bed."
"Did I wake you up when I came?" You ask.
"No. I couldn't sleep."
"Go to sleep."
"Fine. But only because I'm tired and not because you told me to." He says.
"Okay."
He sighs after a minute. "I can't sleep until you tell me you love me."
"You couldn't sleep before I got here either." You shrug.
"Yeah, but now you're here. Are you gonna tell me you love me?"
"I love you, Bucky."
"I know."