Bucky Barnes x Reader

You go to Bucky's apartment and knock, but there's no answer. You let yourself in, deciding you'll surprise him with dinner.
You walk in to find Bucky curled up on the couch. He's crying—sobbing.
"Bucky." You say.
He lifts his head and looks up at you.
You start over towards him, but he holds out his hand. "No. Stop. Don't."
You freeze where you are. "What?" You ask, your voice shaking with anxiety.
"Leave."
"Why?"
"Just... go."
"Bucky—"
"Leave!"
"No."
He puts his head in his hands. "Y/N."
You go over to sit beside him.
"Don't touch me." He says.
You put your hands in your lap and look down at them. "Hey, Bucky?" You say after a bit. "I'm gonna call Steve, okay?"
"No. Don't do that."
"I think he's better suited to help you—"
"I don't need help. I'm fine."
"Yes, you look it."
"Go home."
"No."
The two of you sit quietly for a minute, with only his occasional cries breaking the silence.
"I'm sorry." He said finally, clearing his throat.
"It's fine. Do you wanna—"
"No."
"Okay." You agree.
He looks down at the floor between his feet, occasionally glancing at you without moving his head. "Y/N... You really shouldn't be here. I... you... I've... You don't know what I've done."
"I know enough."
"Obviously not, or you wouldn't be here." He snaps, but apologizes immediately when he sees your raised eyebrows.
"I know enough." You repeat.
"I've killed people."
"I know."
"I murdered them brutally. I killed everyone in my way. I... I felt their necks snap and their bones break in my hands and I watched as they bled out, and I couldn't stop it and..."
You keep your expression understanding, not fearful, as he talks. Of course you'd heard it all before, but hearing it from him was nothing short of heart breaking.
"I wish I'd died when he was experimenting on me. I can't live with this." He looks over at you. "I can't..."
"None of it was your fault. I know you're probably tired of being told that, but it's true."
"I'd believe you if you said the sky was green. But I can't believe that." He smiled a little and dropped his gaze.
You'd been determined not to cry, but now you couldn't help it. "Bucky—"
"Please don't cry. I'm sorry."
"I've never met a better man than you."
He sighs. "I'm sure you can meet a thousand people and none of them'll be cold-blooded killers."
"You're not. That wasn't you, and that you care proves it—"
"Stop trying to rationalize it to yourself. It doesn't change what I did—what I am."
"You aren't a cold blooded killer, Bucky." You sigh.
He shakes his head and turns his face away from you.
You reach out and brush his hair back. "I'm staying for dinner."
"Steve wouldn't like you being here right now."
"Did I ask what Steve thinks?"
"No. I guess not."
You pull his arm around you, leaning you both back into the couch.
"What are you doing?" He lets you move him, but his arm is tense around your shoulders.
"Getting comfortable."
"Why are you not afraid?"
"Why would I be? I love you, Buck."
"You what?"
"I said I love you."
"Well, then, I guess I love you too."
"You guess."
"I love you."
You sit up slightly to kiss his cheek. "That's what I thought."
The corner of his mouth lifts into a smirk. "Yes ma'am."