Silver x Reader

This one always appears in my dreams. Yes, this was a dream and a headcannon about Totodile. (I always choose Cyndaquil in heart gold so silver gets his rightful partner! XD)

You walked out of the Pokemon lab with a proud, beaming smile on your face and a Pokemon I  Your Arms. It had infinitely closed eyes and a creamish coat covered with a velvety textured deep navy teal overlapping the top of it. Cyndaquil, at least that's what Professor Elm called it.

Professor Elm was messed up still on the kidnapping of another Starter Pokemon so he was reluctant to give you one, but he did because you were his niece and a previous daycare attendant. You know a lot about Pokemon. 

You walked gleefully with your new fire type Pokemon to Cherrygrove City. You had placed the female Cyndaquil down so she could walk beside you just in case a wild Pokémon came out this morning.

You made it to the small City and you saw a redhead boy scolding his Totodile and it seemed on the verge of tears. You grew a determined look and Cyndaquil looked at you. You nodded at her as you approached the boy. 

You place a hand on his shoulder, which was clothed by a balck jacket with a thin red stripe down the center of the sleeve. He turned to look at you. His onyx eyes fitted well with th scowl on his face just then. Your Partner was attempting to cheer up the seemingly Male Totodile.

"What are you doing?"

"My Pokemon is weak. I have to make it stronger."

You scoff at the boy. You've seen Trainers like him before come in and abandon their Pokémon at your family day care.

"That's not how they get stronger. Here."

You sat down and Cyndaquil jumped onto your lap. Your legs crossed and Totodile looked at you with a smile. You patted your leg and he jumped into your embrace. You stroked him and you saw his nature in a flash. Cyndaquil backed off for a second.

"Your Totodile is very emotional and sensitive. He grows on good vibes."

The boy rolled his eyes and cocked his eyebrow. He obviously had no clue what you meant and tried to give you the feeling he didn't care.

"Treat Your Pokemon with care."

"Why should I If it's weak?"

You sigh.

"Two things. One, this is a male Totodile meaning you adress him as a he, with masculine pronouns."

He cocked his eyebrow again and sat on front of you, your new mood seemingly interesting him. Cyndaquil rubbed against his leg but he just pushed it to the side, earning him a scowl from you.

"Secondly, Totodile grows off of care, love, and attention. If he loves you, he will want to grow stronger. If he wants to grow he will, And at a much faster rate too. Put time and effort into your Pokémon and you will get exceedingly good results."

The boy nodded and you passed him his starter. Totodile cried in joy and nuzzle day I To the boy's jacket-covered chest. He blushed redder than the hair on his head and looked at you for help. You smiled and motioned to the Pokemon. He stroked its scales and Cyndaquil jumped into your arms. You show him how to caress the small Pokémon and smile.

"I'm silver."

"Hmm?"

"My name is Silver. This is the part where you tell me your name, girl."

You huff a bit at his sexist comment, but judged on his face he didn't mean any harm. Maybe he was Tsundere or something?

"I'm (Your name)."

He looked at you a second, then flushed red and looked away. You giggled and sat there, teachings him about the basics you learned as a small child. IT was kind of fun being a teacher....

Yeah, I fiddled with the ending but that's basically how I imagined it. Any requests? I'm down for whatever!

~Auth