Kiawe x Reader

GraceHengst wanted the Kiawe one I hinted at so here we are. Still a but sad tho. *sniff* question time.

Who's the edgelord of Pokémon? A lot of people would pick Gladion in an instant but bRO HAVE U SEEN CYRUS?! Nah, I'm kiddin. It's Gladion.

STORYTIME!

As we sit around the campfire singing our campfire song~

Yeah, no, but you were at a campfire ceremony for Kiawe's birthday. He's the island captain of fire types with a sick Marrowak trial that you adore. Sometimes he would ask you to help out with the trial when the hiker was out hiking...or yodeling. He yodels a lot.

The marrowak, including your little cubone, were dancing around the fire as Mallow was cookigm soemthing with the help of Lana. Lana's little sisters, who were basically just her but miniature, were running around. Many Akalan citizens were helping prepare a great many surprise things for Kiawe. 

Your job was to occupy him at the fire. He was actually,y pretty content just being there. He just stared into the fire a lot. You sat next to him and just stared at him. But I feel he got suspicious you'd look away last second. This kept going on for a good ten minutes. He finally sighed, annoyed with the game on his birthday

"(Your name), could you please stop staring?"

"Oh! I...uh...yeah."

You stuttered in defeat. Darn you and your nervousness aoeidn this guy! You swore you heard a light chuckle. A feint blush painted your cheeks and the very tip of your nose.

"Is something wrong? Today should be fun. I want it to Be fun. For everyone."

The gentle fire giant stood up and stretched his limbs. You watched him silently as he had a loud pop in one of his shoulder blades and he sighed in relief.

"That hits the spot. Where is everyone?"

"Oh! They're busy!"

"Today? Huh. I thought they'd come over."

"They will! I called them and they said they had to wrap up some things!"

Real smooth, (Your name), real smooth.

"Things? Like what?"

The way he had a smirk and a cocked eyebrow conveyed thst he wasn't just messing with you and he knew what was going on.

"Ummm...the resteraunt! There was a frenzy today! And the wishiwashi at Lana's trial were being a bit abnormal! Nothing huge!"

You kept using awkward hand gestures which seemingly amusedthe stern-yet-lovable Captain.

"Alright then. So it's just us?"

He sat bakc down next to you with the sameness cocky look. He doesn't get like this too often because he's always so serious during trials. But when he was around friends only, he became this new and true persona.

"Y-Yep! Just....us....."

Your skin blazed hotter than the fire in front of you both right then And there. Kiawe's let out one or two snirks before Mallow ad Lana came out in their little chef's outfits. Lana's inters rushed into a grand gazebo set up with  large table and food. There was a giant fire throne at the far end. 

"Happy birthday Kiawe!"

The two girls chorused. Kiawe smiled wide and you couldn't not help but stare at him again. What were you?! One of those notice me Senpai fangirls?! 

"Oh? So you aren't at the resteraunt and dealing with rouge wishiwashi? (Your name), how couldn't you lie To me?"

His face... how did he have a straight face?! Your lips my couldn't not grin. It was an awkward grin too.

"O-o-oh! They asked me to cover so it was a surprise!"

"Not much of a surprise when's you're terrible Liar."

You flushed pink and Mallow pretend scolded you. Lana jsut laughed as everyone's seated for the big meal. Lucky you, you got to sit on the right hand of birthday boy. Mallow was on his left and Lana was stuck with her sisters.

It was a nice feast.