Emmet x Reader

This is it.

The final one shot

The final one shot. I'll try to make this super long like the Ingo four thousand word one. Since I do battle scenes really well I'm going to do a lot of battling in this once shot! Also using the cannon Pokémon from Bulbapedia. to make him more original than Ingo I'll be swapping out some cannon Pokémon for Pokémon I'd think he should have. Like Gothitelle!

Think of this as a grande finale with a lot of battle scenes and internal monolouging, Sorry. Also trigger warning for mentions of an Abusive parent. Yeah, great job Evangeline for using mentions of abuse in the finale...

I love you all!

Entering the train you see a man dressed entirely in a white and red conductor's uniform and a childish grin swept over his lips. His eyes shone in their titanium luster Andy it was clear he was happy to have a challenger.

Why you were here? You lived with a single, abusiv father who didn't love you because you were weak. But you still had some innocence left in you and you thought that if you were strong you'd finally be loved for once in your life. You heard the battle train was the best way to get stronger so you came here.

The Man stood up and instantly pulled out a pokeball. His eyes reflected an immature attitude, like yours. But you never had a 'childhood' so you didn't know what was 'grown up' and what was 'childish'. You only knew stronger stronger stronger. If you're strong then maybe you wouldn't be such a d*mn disgrace! Father's exact words.

"Are you here to challenge me, Emmet?"

His voice had a twinge of something you knew all too well but the rest was innocent. What was the twinge? Loneliness. You looked in his Pewter eyes again and nodded. You let a smile overtake your normal frightened frown you had to wear at home. Battles were fun, and they were the only thing that would get you the one thing you desired more than anything: Love.

"Yes please!"

You cheered and he smiled wider. The Subway boss across from you was Emmet. The childish twin known for his optimism and positivity. He knew he wasn't supposedly to feel loneliness but he did. Challengers were so few and had so little quality to them. Always the I'm going to best you so don't even bother trying! Attitude. But this girl and her ability to match his reflected optimism made him want to try. Made him want to battle her. Battle you. He threw out a pokeball bringing out his prized Gauvantula.

"Let's go Gauvantula! Let's have some fun!"

His grin was contagious and you caught it. You searched for a pokeball in your bag and threw it into the air, letting out an Unfeasant. The bird let out a call that caused Hauvantula to step back. Clearly the Pokémon was scared of birds. Emmet's smile faltered as he crouched down to pet the bug quickly.

"It's okay, buddy. We can do this."

A pant of guilt fell through your veins. Whenever something went wrong you were blamed for it, even if you weren't there. If Father lost the lottery, he'd take it on you. If he lost a battle, he'd blame you because of some stupid reason. So because Gauvantula was scared you thought it was your fault. Unfeasant looked back at you, seeing you were uncomfortable. The bird fluttered back to your side.