Barry x Reader

That awkward moment when you realize you are slowly losing your sanity. Yeah, that's me right now. Also Christmas Special because I love holidays! 

You couldn't sleep at all tonight. Christmas Eve was the night of Then year you were the most restless and insomniatic. Unlike Barry who just had no energy. 

Ever socme you're parents started fighting and neglecting you you're hest firemd in Twinleaf Town, Barry, invited you to live with them until it all blew over. Well, it has been eight years, they've been fighting since you were four. 

So now you and Barry, two twelve year old best friends, were just sitting In Barry's room, wearing for morning. Barry was going on and on about what cool stuff Santa Claus will bring him while you watched snow fall lightly put the window. You never believed day in Santa Claus, but you wouldn't ruin it for your best friend and secret crush.

All you wanted for Chostamas was him, and you got to see Barry every day. You loved with him. The downsides of that is having the talk about... underwear... with his Mom instead of your own, because your parents already forgot about you entirely.

"Then Santa I'll bring me this really cool model airplane! Maybe two so we can play together!"

He was bouncing on his mattress while you just sat near the window, when he saw you not respond he walked over to you and sat next to you.

"(Your name),what's up?"

"Nothing."

He scoffed and you looked in his ambers eyes instead of out the window at the fluffy snow. It had to be at least two in the morning.

"(Your name), I know when something's wrong. I live with you now. I know about your little...what are they called? Brus? Bris? Bras? Yeah, bras. And that blood thing."

You flushed a crimson red and looked at the floor. He wrapped a comforting arm around you. Ever since you both also went on a Pokémon journey together, in record time to boot, it was like you two were inseparable and knew everything about eachother. And you both did, except for him not knowing your huge crush on him.

"I just.... Barry, will you ever see me more than just as a friend?"

He cocked his head in confusion.

"Best friends?"

"No, more."

"Mega Best Friends?"

Sometimes he could be so cute and oblivious it hurt. You could hear thousands of people giving a moment of silence for their friend in the friend zone. You gave up and clutched your knees toward your stomach and his you're fsce in them.

"(Your name)!? Hey!"

Barry hugged you and you let out a silent sob into his shoulder. Barry was so confused until you managed to mutter soemthign barely audible.

"I love you."

Everyhting made sense to Barry at that moment. He pulled you away from his shoulder so he could look into you're tear-stained eyes. He cupped your cheek amen he leaned foward until hsi lips met yours. He pulled away almost too quickly and smiled warmly at you.

"Then let's be something more."

Let's give a moment of silence to pray we can get out of the friendzone like Reader-Chan did.

~Eva