June 15, 1935

Dearest Diary,

I've been hanging out with Bucky nearly every day this past month. Weird, right? Well, considering how the last time went...

Anyway, it's been a good time with him, especially now that it's gotten warmer outside. We've been spending time everywhere, too... rain or shine. And that's why I love him— er, I mean, that's why he's my best pal... he'd stick with me no matter what, until the very end.

I'm not even going to bother explaining anything. There's no point really...

—————

"Oh c'mon Steve. You're such a goodie two shoes. Live a littllllle!" He shouted from the bottom of the hill leading to the old, abandoned pier.

"Buck, this ain't safe... I- I don't think it's that good of an idea..." I started. That is, until he began running back up the hill. When you're getting chased you tend to run, so that's what I did. Though, normally, you don't really think about what would actually happen if you were to get caught, right?

Well, I knew exactly what would happen and I did not feel like breaking the rules for Bucky... again... so I kept on running.

Eventually, my poor lungs and I were caught up to. He ran up from behind me and picked me up by the legs, swinging me over his shoulder. "Buck! Put me down! Heyyy!" I shouted as he began walking down the hill again. I kicked and screamed and punched him... throwing a completely unnecessary fit. Whether I liked it or not, I was going down there.

He put me down on the rickety wooden boards that had once held sturdy for many men who had worked at the pier. Water sloshed up against the barnacle ridden posts, spraying salty water into the air and on my face. The best thing about this was that the sun was finally out. The clouds had covered the sky all the rest of the week making it way too cold for us to hang around outside... but now, everything was just perfect.

"What, exactly, was the point of that, hmmmm?" I asked, annoyed.

"C'mon Steve, you know you wouldn't have come down here if I hadn't gone up there to get you. And besides, now you're here so we might as well just have fun... right?" He said, so cheerily.

I exhaled, given up, "yea, sure. I guess I could use it anyways," I admitted, suddenly less mad (not that I could stay mad at him for too long anyway).

"Exactly. Now let's go."

"Where?"

"Uhhm, in the water... duh, why else would we be at the old pier?"

"But Bucky, I didn't bring a swimsuit," I said.

A smile grew on his face as his eyes narrowed and he chuckled a little. "No worries... I didn't either," he said plainly.

My eyes grew wide. What exactly does that mean? "I can't swim with my new pants and shirt on, my mom will kill me," I explained.

His eyes scanned me, across my new pants, up to my belt buckle and up my shirt. I shifted uncomfortably, I wasn't sure if he didn't think I was paying attention or if it was all on purpose. "I mean..." he started.

"No. No way Buck," I refuted. I was not going swimming naked in broad daylight.

He laughed, "oh Stevie. I was just gonna say we could go in our underwear... they're just like swim trunks anyway."

I felt my face burn up, goddamnit why do I blush to much? "Oh..." I said. I really do tend to think of the worst case scenario.

"So...?" His hands met his belt buckle.