February 23, 2017

Dear Diary,

I don't think I can do this anymore.

Simply watching him like that and standing idly by, unable to do anything is killing me. I know they're all doing the best they can, but I just wish there was something I could do.

—————

"You wished to speak with me, Captain," T'Challa approached me.

"Yes," I replied. "I realize that you and your sister and every other high-level tech in this city are doing as much as you possibly can... but I feel as though I'm of no use. I simply don't know modern technology as well as you do- Hell, I can barely use a smart phone. My point is, I hate seeing Bucky like that and... I think it'd be best if I left Wakanda."

"If you feel this is the right thing to do, then I will respect your wishes," he answered. "I am sure your friend would also encourage you to do what you feel is the best thing, just as you encouraged him to do a few months ago regarding the cryostasis."

I smiled. "I appreciate that. And, please, if anything happens... good or bad, please call me. I would really like to be updated on everything that's happening."

"Of course," he assured me. "We will be sure to let you know, especially when he is out of cryostasis, recieves the new arm, and is beginning therapy."

"Thank you," I replied.

He nodded and smiled. "Where will you be going?"

"Home," I told him. "Back to Brooklyn to my and Bucky's apartment. I'll have to lay low, but that's the only other place I'd rather be."

"Do not worry, I will not tell anyone your whereabouts. We cannot have the others learning about this," he reached out to shake my hand. "And, I will even provide you a jet for your travel home. One of our techs can take you tonight."

"I don't know what to say," I said honestly. "You've been so great to us these past few months. Thank you."

"That is what friends do, Captain."

—————

And, so, I packed up all my stuff and tidied up Bucky's room before taking my leave.

I visited him in his chamber beforehand, too. I just hoped I would be seeing him soon.

Perhaps I could even visit. We'll see.

~ Steve R.