June 3, 2012

Dear Diary,

Everything seems to be happening all at once.

It's like everything's tumbling and there's no stopping any of it. It's ok though... at least now I'm keeping busy, right?

—————

We were all sitting at this round table the next day, listening to Director Fury explain to Loki that he's stuck here with us, basically. As a matter of fact, the glass table had images inside it that allowed us to watch Loki and Fury as they talked. Crazy, right?

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Banner asked, sarcasm nipping through his voice.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" I asked the man I now know as Thor... the supposed Norse God, or whatever. "Thor- what's his play?"

"He has an army, called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army... from outer space," I commented, looking over at Agent Romanoff, wondering if I was the only one who thought this sounded like a joke.

"So, he's building another portal," Banner said. "That's what he needs Erik Slevig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist," Banner informed us all.

"He's a friend," Thor corrected him.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Agent Romanoff told him.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him," I mentioned. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki," Banner told me. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak," Thor interrupted, stepping forward. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And, he is my brother."

"He killed 80 people in two days," Agent Romanoff reminded him.

"He's adopted," Thor added. Hell, I thought my home-life was messed up.

"I think it's about the mechanics," Banner introduced. "Iridium- what do they need the iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent," Stark interrupted as he entered the room, now in a formal suit, rather than his metallic one. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D." he walked up to Thor, next. "No hard feelings, Point Break, you've got a mean swing," Again with the things I don't understand. What the Hell is Point Break? "Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants. Uh, raise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails," he told the Agents that were flying the machine I now know as being called a Helicarrier. "That man is playing Galaga." ...He what? "He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did." He looked at the screens surrounding him and covered his left eye. "How does Fury even see these?"

"He turns," a woman I now know as Agent Hill informed him.

"Sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily- only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy density. Something to... kick-start the Cube," Stark relayed to us all.

This guy is... insane. He's all over the place, but smart beyond reasonable belief and he- well, I suppose he somewhat resembles his father, but is far better looking in nearly every sense of the word. It's gotta be the hair, the way he does it, I mean... or maybe his brown eyes, or the facial hair, which, is actually very attractive and- shit, I didn't just think that, did I? I can't possibly- actually... nevermind.