May 22, 2013

Dear Diary,

Being on missions a lot more frequently than I used to be, the newspapers I've been able to come across have been few and far between.

Despite this, I've heard a lot of news about Stark and what he's been up to and... it's scary, to be honest.

There were these so-called 'people' after him for some sort of revenge... though, I don't see how any being that acts like these ones did could be classified as people. The guy was named Aldrich Killian and he was the puppet master to The Mandarin, who ended up being a plaything anyway.

He and his people, oh-so-cleverly called The Mandarin People, were biomolecularly and genetically altered, similarly to how I was, in a way that allowed them to self heal. Killian supposedly 'helped' amputees, people with cancers and those with other physical disabilities... along with his friends and made them all, collectively, his minions.

It's insane to think that this one guy is responsible for something that almost killed Stark and Miss Potts. I'm lucky that I don't have someone like her anymore to worry abut protecting. Though, I'm not even sure if this is the better of the two options, anyway, seeing as I miss him so, so much.

They're lucky to have gotten out of that alive, the both of them. Even still, Stark told Romanoff he's been going through a rough time after everything that happened with the wormhole in New York and the nuclear bomb and everything. It's like he's shellshocked. Still, I can see how that takes a toll on a man, even one as insanely genius as him.

It all got me thinking, though... if there are people out there trying to get revenge on Stark, who's only seemingly a man in a suit, there's gotta be people out there looking for me, right? I mean, I must have enemies, too, considering how prominent I was in the World War II era.

After everything that happened with Hydra back in the 1940s, who knows what remnants of Schmidt's followers could know my whereabouts and could be after me. Perhaps, even, Loki's followers, if that's even something that exists, what if they're looking for me, too?

Surely these aren't things Nick Fury is particularly concerned with right now with all this other stuff going on all over the world that he needs to send the other Avengers to deal with, but, still. What if I'm next?

And... what if I can't handle it?

~ Steve Rogers