November 21, 2014

Dear Diary,

Well, after what felt like forever, I'm finally back in New York. I can't live in D.C. and it's mostly because of the history and memories I have here and at my home- the one Bucky and I shared for so many years.

Despite Bucky not being here right now, everywhere I look I feel like I see him... like our memories are everywhere and all over Brooklyn.

Oh, actually, Nat's been staying with me for a few days. She said she's leaving as soon as she finds her own place, though, I don't mind her company to be completely honest... even if I do have to make her sleep on that old ass couch my mom bought literally in 1925.

—————

It was just another average Monday morning for two highly-trained spies living undercover and remaining out of work for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s sake.

I was up before she was, as per usual, and had started making some coffee in my and Bucky's old fashioned tin pot on the stove. I assumed the aroma had woken her up when she made her way into the room dressed just as I was: in pajamas.

"Morning," I addressed her happily.

"Hey, Steve," she replied groggily, stretching. "You know... that damn couch is really messing with me."

"I told you it's from the '20s, Nat."

"I know, I know," she replied understandingly. "I just figure that since there's room in your bed that-"

"I..." I interrupted her thought and continued to pause for a second, thinking about what kind of a proposition that was. One minuted it would be us sharing a bed, the next it would be us sharing a bed. "I don't really think that's all that great of an idea."

"Why not?" she asked carelessly, paying no mind to what she was implying.

I didn't respond, as I didn't know what to say. "I don't know," I started. "I guess I'm not really sure about how I feel regarding where that might be heading, is all."

"I didn't think you'd mind the company, seeing as you're so... without it... right now," her voice lilted.

"Now, what's that supposed to mean?" I turned around.

"Nothing, nothing... you just- you don't exactly seem like the kinda guy that-"

"Gets any?"

Her eyes widened. "This century, anyway... unless you're as much of a virgin as Tony pegged you for."

"He what?"

"Never mind that, just- are you?" she insisted.

"A virgin? Uh... not re- I mean, no. Like, I'm not, I don't think."

"And that means...?"

"Well, what counts?" I laughed, never thinking I would ever get into this with the likes of her.

"I'm not about to get into all of your previous sexual encounters with you right now, Steve." She approached me and put her hand on my arm. I looked down at it as her eyes remained unwaveringly at my eyes. "Though, there is one way to rule it all out completely..."

Was she saying what I thought she was? "And you mean... what, exactly?"

"Maybe you have been a virgin for 90-some-odd years," she chuckled and retreated.

"Is this because of that kiss?" I asked flat out.

"What do you-"

"You know."