March 10, 1943

Dear Diary,

It's been... three years. 

I wish I could say a lot has happened, but that'd be a lie. Today, though, today is a big day.

Not only is today Bucky's 26th birthday (holy crap, we're old), but I finally got word from Stark.

—————

I was in the kitchen making breakfast when the phone rang. The phone never rings now that Bucky's gone. Please don't let it be a phone call telling me he's been killed in action... anything but that.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Rogers! It's Howard- Howard Stark! How're things?" He responded enthusiastically. 

"Uh, fine, I guess," I replied. 

"Ahhhh good to hear it, good to hear it," he said, seemingly as if he hadn't actually heard what I'd said. "Now then, I've got some news for ya and I know you'll like it."

"Really?"

"Oh yea. We've gotten approval for your war bonds sector of the war effort to travel to army bases. So, you're not exactly in the military but you'll beg closer to it. That's the best I could get for ya," he told me.

I felt my heart drop at the fact that I'd never really be let into the military but also that there was finally a chance for me to see Bucky again.

"Thank you, Stark, I appreciate the call."

"Of course. And, we'll see you tomorrow morning at the SHIELD facility, okay?"

"Alright, thank you. Bye," and I hung up.

I wasn't sure what I had just heard... was it good news or bad? Both?

—————

Whatever it was, it was a change, and now I can finally change up the routine.

Ugh, and I can't wait to see Bucky again. 

~ Steve R.