April 5, 2014

Dear Diary,

Romanoff and I made our way to The Ronald Reagan Washington International Airport, which was where we were met with S.H.I.E.L.D jets to make our way to the Indian Ocean.

I don't see why we couldn't have met in New York for this, seeing as John F. Kennedy International Airport is right there in Queens, NY and Newark Liberty International Airport is nearby in Newark, NJ.

Well, whatever, make Captain America fly all the way to Washington D.C. on a commercial airplane just to get on another aircraft to make his way all the way across the world.

No biggie, right?

—————

By the time we arrived at the Indian Ocean it was about 2am the next day, so that was... ridiculously fast. I still can't get over any of this technology stuff. I'm a simple guy, what do you expect?

Finally, on the way there, I was informed on what the Hell was going on, thankfully.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star," a man I know as Brock Rumlow informed us all, though, I have no idea what a satellite is, but it doesn't really matter. "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them- 93 minutes ago."

"Any demands?" I asked, seeing if maybe the pirates wanted something for what they'd 'taken'.

"Billion and a half," he replied, looking right at me like we both knew damn well that was ridiculous.

"Why so steep?" I asked again.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s," he informed me.

"So, it's not off course," I deduced, whispering to Nat. "It's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason," she replied.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor," I told her quietly, referring to the fact that, for the past few months, all our missions have only ever been to clean up whatever Fury messed up on. Some Director he turned out to be.

"Relax," she murmured. "It's not that complicated."

"How many pirates?" I asked the man at the front of the crowd of us.

"25. Top mercs, led by this guy," he stated, playing with the screen before us all to show us a young enough looking man. "Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" I continued, trying to gather the most information possible before we got there.

"Uhmm, mostly techs. One officer. Jasper Sitwell," he pulled up the picture of this man. Dark skin, glasses, shaved head and young. "They're in the Galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on the launch ship?" I said quietly. "All right, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep the aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get them out. Let's move," I instructed because, well, I'm the Captain.

"S.T.R.I.K.E., you heard the Cap. Gear up," Rumlow said to the rest of the men there.

We all made our way out in order to get prepped for the mission at hand. Any minute now, we'd be ready to leave from the ship. All we had to do now was wait.

"Secure channel seven," I said into my radio, making sure Nat could hear me on the other end.

"Seven secure," she replied. I waked up to her as she got ready. "Did you do anything fun Saturday night?"

Steve's Diaryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें