November 9, 1936

Dear Diary,

I'm telling you right now that it most definitely was NOT all on me.

Do with that what you will...

—————

It was an average, boring Monday midday and Bucky and I were just walking down some street in the city when it went completely out of control.

"Hey there little lady, wanna come with me?" The man has said, placing his hands on the woman.

"Oh, uh... I'm flattered but, no thank you," she said politely, turning away from him.

"I said, do you want. to come. with me?" He gritted his teeth.

"And I said no."

"Well it's not up to you," he whispered, starting to pull her away with him.

"Hey! You wanna shut up? She said no, so back off," I interjected.

"I'm sorry are you talking to me?" He threw her down and Bucky went to help her up. He towered over me as I stepped back slowly. "Huh? You hear me?" He asked. My eyes flicked over to Bucky who was helping the woman, his eyes were on mine and I sent him a glare telling him I knew I wasn't gonna get out of this one unscathed.

"Uh..." I tried to think of something to say but nothing would come out. I looked back at the man.

"Faggot!" He pushed me up against the wall with his hands on my shoulders. My face went numb as his knuckles beat down on it... one to the face, two to the face, three to the stomach... my hands hit the ground.

My ears were ringing and I saw a blurry red splatter on the concrete. My white shirt was stained, my face was dripping and my eyes were tearing up. I reached out in front of me to grab the silver garbage can lid when the breath was kicked out of me as his shoe met my stomach.

"You gonna get up, hmm? Or are you and your boyfriend just a couple of weak little fags?" He asked mockingly with a cackle.

I slowly stood up, trying to stay balanced and took a step back into a guard stance. I held the lid before me like a shield and tried to catch my breath. "Don't worry about me... I'm up," I wheezed.

"I can't hear you with your little fairy voice, what was that you said?"

"I could do this all day," I announced, louder this time.

"Oh is that so?" I stared him down like I had nothing else going for me... well, to be fair, I didn't.

I heard a crack and before I knew what was happening, my makeshift shield was on the floor and I was out of harms way.

That noise? No, it wasn't the lid hitting the concrete. It was Bucky's fist breaking that guys jaw.

The man hit the ground and Bucky got on top of him and started pounding down as hard and fast as he could.

"Protecting your little boyfriend?" Punch to the face. Broken nose. the man yelled out in pain. "Queer fucker!" He screamed while trying to punch Bucky back, but he was too slow... he only got one punch in.