June 29, 1944

Dearest Diary,

I asked Colonel Philips if me and The Howling Commandos could train today at the outdoor base at London, England. I don't know how or why, but he really did just tell me yes without even a second thought.

Oh well, I'm not complaining, am I?

—————

I've been leading us all day, telling everyone what exercises to do in order to better prepare us for the battles in the near future. And, let me tell you, if I'm out of breath, they definitely are too. Oops.

Bucky looked at me from the back of everyone with sweat dripping down his face as I talked to them, directing everyone to grab a sack of sand and start running the track. Bucky was the last to approach me, seeing as he was in the back from the beginning... though, that was all on purpose, anyway, wasn't it?

He bent over to grab a sack just as I'd told him to, but I stopped him by placing a soft hand on his shoulder. He stood and looked at me with tired eyes as if to ask me what the Hell I wanted from him. Yet, as we made eye contact, I assume my intent was made perfectly clear.

He glanced around us and saw the other men making their way towards us, looking back at me as if there wasn't any more time for us to do anything. He looked terribly disappointed. God, I hate that look

"Men! Make three more laps! Then you can take a rest over at the lot just over that way!" I yelled out at them, pointing over at the field house-type, makeshift building just far enough from us that they wouldn't be able to hear anything we may decide to do.

They (finally) passed us by and continued on their way up the track with the sacks on their shoulders. Bucky saw this as an opportunity and, damn. A blind man could've seen the intent written all over this man.

He started pushing me into the woods, never saying a word... Hell, I didn't dare say anything either. 

My back hit a tree and I looked around. We were surrounded by nothing, though I suppose that makes this all better, then. It felt like yesterday, when we were in the woods at the edge of that Hydra camp, only better, as we weren't in imminent danger, huh?

I smiled down at him as he inched upon to my face to kiss me. That familiar earth washed over me as I held him there in my arms. It all felt just perfect. Well, actually, there was one thing...

I grab his waist and spin him around seemingly effortlessly. It all felt so much more natural; this way. Even if I preferred it the other way, though, I knew there wasn't any going back now. his eyes seemed to bulge out if their sockets as he looked top at my eager eyes, seeming like he was trying to decipher what was going on inside my puzzle of a brain. Good thing he was never any good at that.

I kiss him like I know I'd been longing to all day. I ran my hands up his sweaty white under-uniform shirt and yanked it off of him, luckily without tearing it straight in half as I normally would have been inclined to do. 

It was broad daylight, though. God, this is so unlike me! So unlike either of us! Ugh, the Hell do I care, though? Ot's not like I'd let anyone do anything to either of us now, right? Damn, I just want this too bad right now to call on my will power and stop.

I bit down on his lip and pulled away, allowing my eyes to open for half a second, only to see he was already looking at me. I smiled and leaned into his neck, beginning to suck and bite on the soft skin. I heard his breath get heavy and felt his hands grasping at my shirt and chest and pants and everything, God, this was perfect. He was perfect.