December 23, 1943

Dearest Diary,

It feels so surreal. It's almost like I don't even know how to act around him anymore because of how long we've been apart from one another.

Is that weird?

—————

I walked through the muddy grass as quietly as I could towards his green tent. When I got there, I slowly unzipped the zipper and crawled in, kicking off my dirty boots on the way.

My eyes got caught in line with his and he smiled in my direction just before I spun around to close the zipper behind me.

"Took you long enough," he whispered, coming up from behind me and kissing my neck as he attempted to wrap his arms around me. I chuckled as he was unable to get his arms fully around my now larger arms and torso.

I turned around and sat on the ground as he kneeled before me, our heads at the same height for once. It felt kind of... strange, for me to be the bigger one this go around.

"Buck, I mean- you sure this-"

"Of course it is," he cut me off. "Sure, it's new, but this is gonna work, Steve. I know it is."

"Good. Because I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't," I replied.

He smiled at me, remembering when he'd said that to me all those years ago when I'd had that real bad case of pneumonia.

"So... does this mean I..." he started, not exactly finishing his sentence.

"You...?" I asked, wondering what the Hell he was going on about.

"Do you still want... like, umm... are you gonna... well, should I, uh, still top?" he asked very, very awkwardly.

I felt my face burn up as it probably started to glow a bright red and light up the whole tent with my embarrassment.

"My God, Steve, you still do that?" he remarked, regarding my very obvious blushing.

"Shut up," I said, trying to hide my smile.

"C'mere," he went on, yet again resuming his place as the one who was in control.

I approached him as I entered the small tent further. His hand made its way around my neck as he directed me to lay on the sleeping bags below him. He rested his ribs between my hips just as he used to do and leaned over my body with his hands around my head.

This wasn't too strange after all, I thought. I mean, he's not really all that much shorter than I am now anyway, so it's not like the proportions are as offset as I expected them to be.

He lifted up my shirt and ran his cold fingers all along my stomach, making me quiver where I laid. He pulled the wife beater up to my collar bone and left it there as he kissed down my stomach and to the button on my pants.

I looked down and we made eye contact just before he took the fabric into his mouth and undid the button like that. I let my head fall back as he used his hands to move the rest of the fabric out of the way, leaving just my underwear behind after he had removed my pants completely.

"Buck-" I started, grasping at his jaw and neck before pulling him up to my face to meet my lips with his.

Within an instant, it felt like our tongues were at war to see who would take all power. Our hands scoured each other's bodies for something to grab or pull or remove but, soon, there was nothing left to remove other than our underwear.

I pulled away from this fight for power and looked at him straight in his eyes. There wasn't much of an expression on his face other than the obvious yearn for pleasure through the usual dominance.