July 2, 2016

Dear Diary,

So, we're in Berlin. That's cool, you know.

Last time I was here... yikes, that had to have been the attack on New York 4 years ago, huh?

—————

They put Bucky in a cage with four armed men in a separate vehicle. God, he deserves better.

As for the rest of us, we were in a vehicle made for prisoners all night, seeing as I was responsible for starting the mission to get Bucky later in the day yesterday. It was now early morning in Germany and neither me, Sam nor T'Challa had said a word yet.

"So," Sam began, addressing the King, seated behind me. "You like cats?"

"Sam," I replied, leaning my head to the side.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?" he came back defensively and genuinely confused. But, seriously? You don't simply ask a guy who was just in a black themed cat looking costume if he likes cats... it's kinda rude, isn't it?

"Your suit," I continued instead. "It's vibranium?"

He waited. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations," he explained. "A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king... So, I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

To that, I said nothing. I just waited for us to arrive wherever the Hell we were going. I didn't need to explain myself to him, but Hell, it really does make me so infuriated I could scream.

When we were finally parked and let out of the car, the first thing I looked for was him- and there he was. He was locked down on a chair and kept in a clear cage. He wasn't fighting, but I could see the misery written on his face.

To my left stood Sharon and her boss, I guess. I approached them with Sam at my tail.

"What's gonna happen to him?" I demanded to know.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you," the man replied slyly. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," Sharon introduced him after he very rudely neglected to do so himself.

"What about a lawyer?" I asked.

"Lawyer," he chuckled. "That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lock up," he told the guards behind him. "We'll write you a receipt."

It's ok. I'm more than a shield, despite what most people think.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that," Sam threatened, walking away to follow Everett as he led us somewhere else.

As I followed him, I looked back and made eye contact with Bucky. He didn't seem as scared as I expected him to, no. That look on his face certainly wasn't fear. It was more like disappointment or sorrow.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell," he said. "Now, do me a favor, stay in it."

"I don't intend on going anywhere," T'Challa told him.

Natasha walked towards us. "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like."

"He's alive," I answered, meaning it wholeheartedly.

We all walked into a large room with a lot of people in it, including Tony. He was talking to someone. "No, Romania was not Accords-sanctioned," he was on the phone. "Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."