Christmas special

New Zealand's POV:

It was early in the morning when I woke up to the sound of someone buzzing with excitement. I lay in the bunkbed and rubbed my eyes. I looked around the room to see where the sound was coming from.

"Aussie, are you awake?" I asked, assuming it was the only possible option.

"Are you kidding me? I haven't slept at all!" Australia shouted excitedly as he leaned over the edge of the bed to see me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I hadn't seen him this excited in ages.

"It's the best day ever!" Australia shouted with stars in his eyes.

"Could you kids shut the f#ck up! It's 5 in the morning!" Netherlands shouted from another room.

"I hate him," I muttered.

"I know. But you want to know what's good about today?" He asked, a little more quietly.

"What?"

"We don't have to spend today with him! I get to see my dad," He said excitedly. Suddenly the door opened and Netherlands stumbled in looking awfully tired.

"Look, I told you kids to be quiet, and by the way Australia, your 'real' dad isn't able to see you today. According to England he drank himself until he passed out because you kids are going to spend Christmas with UK and France." Netherlands said grumpily.

"What?! No fair!! Dad always picks me up to have Christmas with him!" Australia shouted back.

"Quit whining, UK is picking you kids up at eight, now get back to bed," Netherlands demanded as he slammed the door.

"Stupid UK," Aussie muttered to himself.

"Aussie? What's Christmas?" I asked.

"You have never heard of Christmas?" He asked. I nodded.

"Uh, well it's a holiday where this fat man dressed in red and he gives us presents!" He explained.

"Really? That sounds fun," I smiled.

Australia spent the next few hours telling me all about Christmas and what it's for. Something about a mother who cheated on her husband with some god or something. I wasn't really paying attention. I was only interested in the presents to be honest.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Feeling excited, I ran over to the door and opened it.

"It's Christmas!" America shouted excited and gave me a big hug.

"Merry Christmas Zea," Canada smiled. UK stood behind the two of them, looking very tired.

Australia walked over to the door. He wasn't very happy to see UK.

"Just take the sh!theads," Netherlands sighed as he pushed us out the door and closed it behind us.

"I thought that since it is New Zealand's first real Christmas, I thought we should spend it together as a family," UK explained.

"Want to go see Dad, not you," Aussie grumbled.

"It'll be fun, I promise," UK said with a sincere smile.

UK's track record of 'fun' is usually disappointing. But I was already excited about this Christmas thing. And I was more than happy about getting away from Netherlands. We all piled into the car.

UK's POV:

As we drove along, I knew that Australia wasn't happy in the slightest. It's different this year though. I thought he would be happy about spending Christmas with New Zealand rather than with Ireland. Oh well, I had spent the past few days buying the best presents for the boys.