What happened?

Canada's POV:

"I'll get the door," I announced as fulfilled my words. Standing at the door was Dad. He looked tired. He pushed me aside and walked in. I closed the door and followed him. My brothers were finishing off the last of the cookies.

When Australia noticed Dad, he back away a little. Dad went over to Spain to talk. I sat down with my brothers. I was kind of concerned for Dad. Even if he is tired, he isn't usually this cold.

"What's up with him?" Ame asked. At least I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"I'm not sure," I answered. I went to grab a cookie, but they were all gone. Zea was still holding one and broke it half for me. I nodded my politely and ate my half of the cookie.

"I thought he liked you," Aussie said darkly.

"It's not like that, he loves you guys too!" I protested.

"Right," Aussie said flatly. We sat there awkwardly waiting for something to happen. Five minutes passed and surprisingly, Aussie and Ame haven't started any fights.

Dad stopped talking to Spain and walked over to us.

"It's time to go, get in the car," He said blandly. I stood up straight away and followed him outside. America and Aussie began to follow as well. I noticed New Zealand was following. I through the window to see my little brother hugging Spain goodbye.

He ran outside and got in the car with the rest of us. He looked happy. He didn't seem to have noticed Dads interesting behaviour which made the rest of us nervous.

"How was work?" I asked Dad. Dad just grunted and continued driving. 

We arrived home shortly after and we went to open the doors. The car doors were locked. Dad turned around and looked at us. He seemed mainly focused on New Zealand though.

"New Zealand, I need you to stay in the car, America, Australia and Canada can go inside, dinner is on the table," I felt nervous and uncomfortable about leaving New Zealand alone in the car with Dad. But I did as he asked.

Australia didn't want to leave Zea, but he had no choice. We all went inside, excluding New Zealand. Aussie was frustrated and ran up to his bedroom. Ame and I went into the kitchen to see dinner waiting for us. France must have come around at some point and made dinner for us because it actually looked edible.

I sat down and ate, still concerned about Zea. Ame didn't seem to care. After I finished my plate, I heated up Aussie's dinner and took it up to his room. I knocked on the door and waited for a reply. When I didn't get one I opened the door and walked in.

There was a hole in the wall by his bed and Aussie was punching the air angrily. I didn't want to intrude so I placed his dinner on the ground and left. I shut the door behind me and went downstairs to clean the dishes.

Ame had already left the table and was in the lounge reading a comic. I started the dishes when the door opened.

America's POV:

I looked up from my comic to see Dad stepping inside. There was something off about him before, but he seemed normal now. Although I didn't want to care, I couldn't but feel nervous for Zea. He didn't come inside. Not for a few more hours at least.

By the time the door opened again, Dad told us to go to bed. I didn't hear anything. No shouting, no footsteps, no crying. It was peaceful. I didn't hear New Zealand go to his room. I went to make sure he was there already.

I crept down the hallway to his room and opened the door. Zea's little toy sheep was sitting on his bed and there was a note just next to his sheep. I picked up the note and tried to read it. It was in another language though. I put the note under Zea's sheep in hopes to keep the note safe, if it was important.

I started feeling tired so I went back to my bedroom to sleep. That was the idea at least. I stayed up all night reading comics until I couldn't keep my eyes open any more.

In the morning, I woke up to the sound of Canada knocking on my door and telling me to wake up. I slowly crawled out of bed and got dressed. I went to the bathroom but the door was locked.

"I need to go, hurry up!" I shouted.

"Sorry, I might be a while!" Someone shouted back. It sounded like Zea was in there. I went to the downstairs bathroom to do my business. 

Everyone was awake and Aussie was under the table again. I always wondered what he did under there.

I got myself breakfast and sat down at the table. Aussie got out from underneath when I 'accidentally' kicked him. Dad was already drinking his tea in the lounge and Nada was eating his pancakes.

Aussie seemed quiet for some reason. He wouldn't tell me if asked though. I finished my breakfast and went to the upstairs bathroom to brush my teeth.

The door was still locked.

"I'm still in here," Zea called.

"What's taking you so long, bro?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later," He said nervously.

"Do you think you could pass me my toothbrush and toothpaste?"

"Yeah sure, what one is yours?"

"The red and white stripy one,". I waited for a few seconds when the door unlocked and opened slightly. New Zealand reached his hand out holding the toothbrush and toothpaste in his hand. I went to grab it, but then I wondered why he was hiding. I hesitated to grab my toothbrush.

"Are you gonna take it?" Zea asked impatiently. Without a second more I grabbed my little brothers arm and opened the door.

"Ow!" He said snatching back his arm.

"What was that for!" He shouted. I didn't speak when I looked him in the eyes. I couldn't.

What happened?