Phone

England's POV:

I grabbed my coat and left to pick up the others at the bar. I got in the car and started the engine. When I arrived at the bar, I apologised to Germany about leaving the others while I got New Zealand somewhere safe.

"It's fine, but you need to take them so I can close up," Germany said. I piled Ireland, North Ireland and Scotland into the car and left. Scotland kept singing loudly and Ireland was still crying. He didn't like it when we took New Zealand out of his arms. I don't think it's safe to let a drunk man hold a child.

I decided to take them to my place so they can sobber up. They were really annoying to get out of the car. North Ireland refused to leave the car unless I left him for five minutes. Scotland wouldn't shut up and Ireland was being a huge sad sack.

I got them inside and sat down. I was exhausted. I was going to make myself some tea when I heard a phone going off. It was Ireland's phone. Ireland had locked himself in the bathroom to cry and left his phone on the table.

I answered it.

"Hello, Ireland's phone, England speaking," I greeted.

"Hi England, can I talk to Dad?" I heard Australia's voice.

"Unfortunately, he is under the strong influence of alcohol and has locked himself in the bathroom," I explained.

"Oh, I really wanted to talk to him," He sounded disappointed.

"Maybe I can help you," I offered.

"Okay, I don't like it here at all. Everything is going wrong," He said.

"Why? Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm at the hospital because Canada broke his arm," He told me.

"How did he break his arm?"

"I think UK broke it,"

"Don't be silly, UK wouldn't hurt anyone," I said. I heard silence.

"He must have fallen out of a tree or something," I tried to reassure him. It didn't seem to work.

"There must be more than just Canada breaking his arm that is bothering you," I urged him to talk a little more.

"New Zealand has gone missing and I'm worried about him," He said eventually. I thought for a couple of seconds.

"Would you like to talk to him?" I asked.

"He is with you?!" Australia's voice perked up.

"Yep, he is with Wales at the moment but I can pass the phone on," I offered.

"Yes!" He shouted into the phone. I told him to wait for me to find Wales. I began the 5-minute hike to Wales little home he built. When I finally arrived I knocked on his door, but there was no answer. I wondered where he was until I heard his laughter pair with New Zealand's from the paddocks.

I followed their laughter and found them stargazing next to the sheep. I slowly approached them and taped New Zealand on the shoulder and handed him the phone. New Zealand was pleasantly surprised and excited to talk to his brother.

Wales seemed to be having a good time talking to his new friend. He sat up and petted one of the nearby sheep.

New Zealand's POV:

"Aussie!" I exclaimed. I was so happy to hear his voice again.

"Kiwi! Are you okay? What happened to Canada? Why did you run away?"My brother started bombarding me with questions I would rather not answer.

"I-I'm fine now, how about you?" I asked him trying to avoid the other questions.

"I'm at the hospital," he said quietly.

"What!? Who is hurt?!" I asked him. I prayed that it wasn't him.

"Canada's arm is broken," He responded.

"What? No, I didn't mean for that to happen! This is all my fault," I burst out the first response on my mind. UK broke his arm and I wasn't there to stand up for him. I really didn't deserve the caringness of others. Instead of staying and protecting I ran away like a scared child.

I could feel myself choking up.

"What do you mean this is your fault? UK did this to him, not you," Australia asked. I didn't answer. I couldn't. Wales saw me trying to speak and sat next to me. He hugged me and took the phone. He began talking to Aussie as he patted my back.

I was so grateful for Wales but I didn't feel like I deserved him as a friend. I lay down on his lap and looked up at the stars. He smiled at me as he continued talking on the phone. He eventually hung up and handed the phone back to England.

England left and I tried to go back to our conversation. Wales wouldn't continue it though.

"You know I care for you, right?" He asked. I was reluctant to answer.

"If you ever need a friend, I'm here for you. I know UK isn't the best dad, but things can get better," He said as he patted my head that was lying on his lap. He yawned and so did I.

"Maybe we should get some sleep," He said. I nodded and sat up. We got up and head back to his place. He set up the couch with blankets and pillows. I didn't want to sleep though so he made me some hot chocolate and we talked for a while until I could no longer stay awake.

...Time skip to morning...

I opened my eyes to find myself lying on Wales. He was still asleep but I got off of him. I felt embarrassed. He woke up as well due to me moving away from him.

"Good morning," I said to him. He smiled and said good morning back. He sat up and wrapped the blanket around me. He went to the kitchen and came back with something called laverbread and another hot chocolate. I tasted quite nice. Then there was a knock at the door.

Wales got up to answer it. I waited for a couple of seconds until he told me to come. I walked towards the door and France standing there.

"Hello, New Zealand. It is time to leave now," She said. I was sad to leave. I liked staying with Wales. At least it wasn't UK who was picking me up. I don't want to think about what will happen in that interaction.