Pathetic

America's POV:

"What do you mean by failing!? Are you saying I'm a bad brother?" Zea argued.

I didn't realise how on edge he had been. I knew I had to pick my words carefully.

"Well, no..." I started.

"You hesitated; you think I'm a bad brother." He scoffed.

"No! You need to hear me out!" I shouted, getting frustrated with him.

"Alright, Mr. best brother, I'm listening," He said sarcastically.

"You abandoned them, and left them by themselves,"

"I was abducted! And they are perfectly capable by themselves. They don't need me." He seemed to pause for a second. I watched as he slowly mouthed his last words back to himself a couple of times. He looked defeated.

"Hey, that's not true," I mumbled as I tried to give him a hug, but he turned and punched in the face.

"What the f#ck!? What was that for?!" I shouted as I held my hand over my cheek.

"Don't touch me." He mumbled. "Just, just leave me alone,".

I watched as he ran off amongst the trees. I was too shocked to go after him, I just stood there, trying to process what happened. I didn't want to just leave him alone. Who knew what he would do in this state. But I decided to trust him. If he looked after all those kids, he could look after himself. I let out a small sigh, and went to look for Tuvalu.

I felt nervous as I saw the house beyond the tree line. Dad wasn't there anymore. I was curious to see what he was up to, so I snuck around the trees until I was close enough to look inside. I peered through one of the windows to try and spot dad inside.

There was a noise coming from the kitchen, so I creeped over the window. I looked in, I saw a small girl arming herself with knives. A lot of knives.

"Is that... Tuvalu?" I whispered to myself. What was she doing inside?

"And where the f#ck have you been!?" Two hands gripped my shoulders and spun me around.

"Dad! I, uh- what are you doing outside?" I started to tremble.

"That sh!t stain locked me out!" Dad continued to shout. His grip tightened around my arms as he continued to glare through the window.

"Where is your gun?" He grumbled as he began trying to find the holster. He got angrier when he realised I didn't have it anymore. He pushed me hard against the wall.

"Where is it!?" He shouted.

"I don't know!" I shouted back. I was scared, I tried to struggle out of his grip, but he only gripped tighter.

"You are useless!" He shouted as he slammed me back against the wall. He let go at least.

"No I'm not." I mumbled quietly as I tried to push back tears.

"Oh no, are you going to cry? You pathetic waste. You are so useless, you can't even hold on to a f#cking gun!" He shouted.

Netherland's POV:

"He hasn't been doing very well, has he?" France sighed as she walked in.

"He has barely been awake. I didn't realise it would hit him this hard." I sighed. He had been sleeping on a pile of pillows in the corner of the room, waking up only a few times, just to fall straight back asleep.

"Australia was never the type to get attached someone. I think it's kind of cute that he is so attached." France smiled softly. I understood where she was coming from, but I just thought it was unhealthy.

"I'm back! I have stories to read him!" Deutschland ran into the room, with a handful of books.

"I don't think he will be able to listen, he's asleep," I said as I looked down at him.

"It's okay, you have better dreams when someone is reading to you when you sleep! Dad also said I could practice my English too," He smiled as he made his way over to Australia. He sat down and opened a book.

Deutschland has been running in and out of the room all day, collecting pillows and toys for Australia to find when he wakes up.

"Deutschland, where is you dad?" France asked.

"He's in his office," Deutschland responded.

"Oh, good, I have some notes to give him before the meeting today," France smiled, she waved at me before she left. I had a few papers I needed printed for the meeting too. I quickly sent them to the printer room.

"Hey, I'm just collecting some papers, can you keep an eye on him for me?" I said to Deutschland. He nodded his head and continued on reading.

I got up from my desk and started walking down the halls to towards the printer room. It was supposed to be a big meeting this afternoon, I just needed to make sure I had everything in order. As got into the room, I realised that the printer was going to take a while as someone else was already printing something out.

"Hey, I've been meaning to check in," It was Ireland.

"Oh, hi, what were you wanting?" I asked awkwardly.

"I was just wondering how Australia is doing, and, know that he is no longer with UK, he could maybe pop by to see is dad?" He said uncomfortably.

"I'm his dad." I said sternly.

"I understand where you are coming from, but I'm his real dad. I pretty much raised him." He continued to press. Ireland's printing had finished, so he quickly grabbed it, but he didn't walk away.

"We don't know that, but at the moment, I'm his dad." I responded.

"Fine, but I have something for him, it's in my office, I'll be right back." I watched as he left, and I felt a sigh of relief as he left. It was kind of funny though. Back in the day, neither of us wanted to be his dad. I waited for my printing to finish and for Ireland to get back.