Ding dong

Canada's POV:

Mom refused to stop hugging me. She kept telling stuff like, 'I'm never letting you out of my sight again' and 'You are not leaving the house without me ever again'. I know she had been stressed, but I really hoped she wouldn't keep her word.

"Hey Mom, can I see Ame?" I asked.

"Of course! I will call Spain and we can head over their right now!" Mom exclaimed. She walked into the kitchen to call Spain. I sat on the couch and looked out the window. Knowing Mom, it would be at least a month before I get to be alone.

I kind of enjoyed getting the attention from Tuvalu and all that. Even though they kidnapped me, they had good intentions, even if it was a little misguided. They must have been overreacting. I know my Dad is a little... cruel, but he has never harmed me personally. I feel bad for my brothers, they always get in trouble for the smallest things and I'm just forgotten. A piece of nothing in the background.

Sometimes I wish I could, I could stand up when Dad beats them. It's painful to watch, but all I can do is watch.

"Hey, sweetie. Your brother is excited to hear you are home safe and will be coming over here in a few minutes." Mom smiled.

"Thanks, Mom," I sighed.

"Can you tell me who kidnapped you?" She asked. She had a look in her eye that wanted revenge. I knew I couldn't rat out my new family. Oh god... I sound just like New Zealand.

"I can't remember," I lied. I was a terrible liar.

"Did they threaten you!?" She shouted.

"No..." That wasn't a lie.

"Then who were they? When I find them, I will rip out their throats and break their bones so badly they will look like limp sacks of flesh!" Mom continued to shout.

"They didn't harm me! They were only trying to protect me!" I shouted back.

Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong Ding dong!

The doorbell began to ring repeatedly. I quickly raced to the door, knowing who it was. When I finally saw him, he tackled me to the ground with a big hug.

"Don't you ever disappear on me like that!" Ame shouted.

"I'll try not to," I joked. He got off of me and helped me up. Even though he wore his sunglasses, I could see the puffiness underneath. I quickly led him to my bedroom and closed the door.

"I have missed you!" He exclaimed excitedly.

As he tried to get close to hug me again, I snatched the sunglasses from his face to reveal his bloodshot, teary eyes. As soon as I recognised this, I reached for his arm. He noticed and hid it behind his back. Ame looked down at the ground, feeling uncomfortable.

"Let me see," I demanded. Reluctantly, he rolled up his sleeve and showed me his wrist. My eyes widened in sadness. I quickly ran downstairs and grabbed a first aid kit. I bandaged his fresh wounds up and he started crying.

"I can't do this," He muttered while trying to wipe away tears. I pulled him into a safe embrace.

"You don't have too," I whispered to him.

Netherland's POV:

Not only was incredibly tired but now I had Sweden snooping around my home. I was not having a great start to the day. I wasn't happy about letting New Zealand out of the calm-down cupboard. There was a reason he was in there.

It turns out Sweden was making breakfast for Australia and after a quick 'chat' he finished and placed it on the table.

"Australia, your breakfast is on the table," Sweden called. Neither of us heard a response. I got curious and found him in the other lounge starring at something on the shelf. There was also an extra kid there.

"Sweden! Did you bring another child!?" I shouted.

"She snuck into my car and wanted to come for the ride," Sweden excused. I rolled my eyes and focused my attention back onto Australia.

"Australia, what are you looking at?" I asked.

I watched as Australia pulled a picture off the shelf and looked at it for a little longer. I was getting impatient with him and took the picture from him. As soon as I laid my eyes upon it. I quickly put it in my pocket.

"You shouldn't be snooping around," I snapped at him.

"That's me." He muttered to himself.

"That isn't you,"' I denied. I herded the boys into the kitchen to have breakfast. Australia barely spoke, and New Zealand still wasn't happy about the whole cupboard thing. After a while of awkward silence, I demanded for Sweden to leave and take the little girl with him. He left respectfully, wishing me a good day.

I let out a heavy sigh and sat down on the couch, feeling exhausted. I lit a cigarette and held it to my mouth. I could hear New Zealand try to sneak behind the couch. I wasn't having any of it today.

"New Zealand! Get your a$$ back here!" I shouted. To my surprise, he did as I asked. He still stayed a reasonable distance away from me.

"I need you to get back into the cupboard," I explained tiredly. I watched as the bland expression on New Zealand's face turned to one of fear and anger.

"NO!" He shouted as he dashed away and down the hall. I chased after him as fast as I could, but he was really fast.

But as I was chasing him, I stopped. New Zealand turned his head to see that he was no longer being pursued, only to crash into an expensive vase. New Zealand sat on the ground, with broken pieces of the vase surrounding him. He began to bleed slightly.

"Kiwi!" I heard Australia shout from the other room, followed by him bursting into the rescue. I was seething with anger and before I let Australia touch New Zealand, I shouted.

"You take one more blasted step and I will you both in the cupboard!!"

New Zealand's face turned pale, but Australia still tried to help New Zealand up. I watched as New Zealand attempted to pull away from him.

"I told you not to do that!" I shouted.

"No," I heard New Zealand whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Quick update on the competitions:

1. The competitions are still open - for those who want to still join the rules and prizes are still on the chapter called 'Punching walls'

2. Any writing or art submission I have received have been put into my Reading list called 'Competition entries'. If you have submitted something and it isn't in that reading list, let me know. Also, feeling free to look through the submissions, I really love how they are all coming along.

3. At the moment, there is still no due date, so there is no pressure. When I begin to get closer to reaching the 50K mark, I will let everyone know!'

4. Do not be afraid to take part in the competition. Everyone has different skills and abilities in which you guys can put to use in the competition. However, do not feel pressured to do so!

I hope you guys are all surviving well and washing your hands. Stay safe and digital hugs are being sent your way!