Back home

New Zealand's POV:

I must have fallen asleep in the car on the way to UK's house. It was day time now and my room to myself. My bag was messily thrown into the corner with my sheep. I got out of bed and walked over to my bag. I picked up my sheep and hugged him.

My bag had my clothes in it, so I got changed. I noticed the necklace sitting at the bottom of my bag. I decided to wear it but I tucked under my shirt so no one could see.

I picked up my bag and put away the items inside. I walked downstairs with my sheep to get something to eat. On the car ride back, I had been thinking about names to give my sheep. I decided on the name Cloudy because he looked like a big fluffy cloud. (Thanks for the name, @ironman152!)

I seemed to be the first one up because the kitchen was empty. I felt kind of scared being back in the same house as the one who had beaten me. I hadn't seen him anywhere so, I was safe for now.

I got myself some cereal and sat down at the table to eat. A few minutes later, Canada walked in. He seemed a little surprised to see me.

"You're up early," He said.

"So are you, you have nothing to say!" I said a little too loudly. Canada laughed a little and started getting out some ingredients to make pancakes again.

"I like waking up early before everyone is awake. Before anyone can get into arguments," He joked. Canada was the peace-maker of the family, he never got into trouble. He seemed to avoid any form of an argument unless it got violent.

Australia told me that he avoids getting into trouble because he doesn't like risks and will never take any. Aussie could be lying but, I see where he is coming from. I decided it would be better to trust my own judgement.

Canada sat down next to me and started pouring on the maple syrup. When I tried the maple syrup, it was delicious and sweet but, just looking at how much Canada puts on makes me feel sick. He bought a lot of that stuff when France took us shopping.

"Why do you have so much?" I asked him, referring to the maple syrup.

"It tastes great!" He enthusiastically as he shoved another mouthful of pancakes down his throat. I laughed a little at the comically large amount he ate. Canada smiled.

"Are you going to take that thing everywhere?" Canada asked as he pointed to Cloudy. I hugged Cloudly close to me and nodded.

"His name is Cloudy," I said cheerfully. UK walked in on our conversation and I jumped when he spoke.

"Who's name is Cloudy?" He asked. UK looked at me and Cloudy. I felt my stomach knot and I stayed quiet. UK didn't seem to care whether he got an answer or not. He went straight to boiling the kettle. He acts as if he had done nothing wrong.

When UK finished making his tea he sat down at the table and sipped the tea. He stayed silent and didn't do anything unless he was sipping his tea. Aussie was next to walk into the kitchen.

UK's POV:

I felt like a terrible father. France had scolded me for hitting the kids again. She told me I need to get it under control if I wanted to keep them. I was annoyed at myself. New Zealand didn't say anything when I sat down at the table.

I had been spending my time without the kids doing paperwork. It was the most stressful thing in the world. I felt sorry for the kids as this is what they will have to learn. I don't want them to be like me.

Australia entered the kitchen. He looked at me once and then ignored me for every moment after. I couldn't blame him. He made himself breakfast and then sat in the lounge to eat by himself.

New Zealand awkwardly followed him but left his bowl at the table. I didn't know how to feel. I just did the one thing that makes feel better: tea. Sadly, I had finished my cup of tea so I made another.

I didn't realize my cup of tea was tealess until Canada told me I was sipping from an empty cup.

"Dad, are you okay? You have been sipping from that cup for a solid 5 minutes," He asked. I put down the cup and let out a large sigh.

"Oh, sorry. I have just been rather stressed lately," I said as smiled gratefully at him. I had a headache from the previous night and I didn't feel like doing much.

"Where is your brother?" I asked.

"Ame? He is probably still sleeping,"

"As always, could you go wake him up?". Canada nodded and went upstairs to fetch his brother. As soon as he left I made myself another cup of tea and began drinking it. Tea helped me calm down. 

Canada came downstairs without his brother surprisingly. He seemed a little shaken.

"He didn't want to get out of bed," Canada said. I finished my tea and stood up. I nodded at him and went upstairs. I walked up to America's bedroom and knocked.

"Piss off!" He shouted.

"That is no way to speak to your father," I said as I opened the door and turned on the light. He groaned and put his head under the covers. I walked up to his bed and pulled off the sheets. America rolled around on his bed then sat up annoyed.

"It's too early," He complained as he rubbed his eyes. After I got him out of his room I went back downstairs. I heard the front door open. I knew what was happening. 

I ran quickly to the front door to stop Australia and New Zealand from leaving. I closed the door before they could get out the door.

"What do you think you are doing?!" I shouted at the two. New Zealand looked rather scared when I raised my voice. Australia stood in front of him.

"I wanted to take him to the park," Australia said trying to be calm.

"No!"

"What do you mean 'no'?" Australia stood closer to me as if he was challenging me.

"No, you two will not be leaving the house, especially you," I said pointing to New Zealand.

"And why 'especially' him?" Australia was testing my patients.

"Because I said so," I said as I grabbed Australia by the arm and pulled him into the lounge. New Zealand followed shortly after. I could see the fear in their eyes. I didn't like it, so I let go of Australia and sat down and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all!!

I have finally made it to chapter 30!!! I am so happy and thankful for your support. I am sending more digital hugs because you all deserve it. Thank you so much!!!

From the Author!!