All the little kids

Tuvalu's POV:

I barely kept up with Canada as he raced up the stairs, trying not drop everything in my arms. I wasn't what was going on, I just knew I had to be brave.

"I'm brave, I'm brave," I whispered quietly to myself as I ran up the stairs. It made me feel a bit better. I watched Canada race into a room. I went to follow him in, but he quickly ran out, knocking me over. I fell to the floor, dropping all of the weapons in my arms. It hurt, but Canada didn't seem to notice. I felt a bit hurt also, but I knew there were bigger problems. 

I started slowly picking up all my weapons again, but they kept slipping out of my arms. I got angry as they continued to escape.

"G%dd@mit!" I could hear Canada shout. I quickly ran over to him, to see what was doing. He seemed to be struggling with the window.

"C-can I help?" I said quietly.

"No! Leave me alone!" He snapped at me. I stepped back. He was being scary. I watched as he banged on the window hard.

That was when he pulled out a gun. He aimed it at the window and fired. It was so loud. I started crying and covered my ears. I felt Canada grab my shoulder. I looked up, he was saying something that I couldn't hear. He started to shake me until I uncovered my ears.

"Where are the rest of the knifes and forks?!" He shouted angrily. I pointed to just outside the door and he ran for them. I looked at the window, still shaking and scared. Broken glass scattered the ground, there were a few holes in the window, but the whole thing looked like it would collapse.

Canada ran back in, holding all the weapons I dropped. He threw them down on the bed and punched the window. It fell apart so easily. Canada started picking up fistfuls of the weapons and threw them out the window. I stood up slowly, unsure if I should help him or not. I just stood there awkwardly, waiting for instructions.

Time seemed to go fast and slow at the same time. My whole body was shaking. Is this what they live like? I thought. I felt sad for them. Why would they stay here? They would be safer if they came with us.

I heard muffled laughing, followed quickly by heavy breathing. I looked over at Canada. He sat down on the ground with his arm covering his eyes.

"Are you okay?!" I asked, stumbling over to him. My comment seemed to make him chuckle a little.

"Am I ever?" He whimpered through a forced laugh. I sat down next to him and held his hand.

"I'm sorry." I said meekly. He didn't respond. He looked like was sleeping.

I pulled the pillow off the bed and put it under his head. I sat on the bed, watching him. I felt upset and confused. I just began sobbing. This was horrible, but at least it was quiet.

America's POV:

I managed to get out from under him and ran as fast as I could into the forest. I was trying to loose Dad amongst the trees, but he was really fast for a drunk man. New Zealand couldn't be too far away, at least with him we stood more of a chance.

I kept running, although I was sure I had lost him. I turned my head to catch any glimpse of him, but I couldn't see him. Suddenly, I felt myself crash into something. I fell over it and landed on my face.

"Ugh, seriously?" I said frustrated. I turned to see what I tripped over.

"Hey! That hurt!" Antarctica said, trying to get to his feet.

"What are you doing out here? You were supposed to be with Tonga!" I asked, helping him up.

"I was, but I wanted to help you, and then I saw Roa run off, and then I got lost." He explained. I heard a drunken slur come from the distance.

"Is something wrong? You look hurt?" He asked, reaching out to touch my arm. I shushed him and tried to listen closely to any sounds.

"It's not safe here, where is Zea?" I asked, crouching down to his level.

"I don't know, maybe that way?" He said, pointing away from the house.

"Good enough for me, do you mind if I carry you?" I asked quickly. I watched nod and I let him climb on to my back.

"Hold on tight," I grunted, trying to stand up. I didn't realise how heavy he was, so I felt a little unbalanced. But I took off running anyway. The further we were from him, the better.

I knew the woods well. Canada and I used to play in here a lot as kids, making forts and committing arson. This at least let me know where all the best hiding places were. I eventually came across the perfect place. 

An old fallen tree, hollowed out by the creatures. I immediately. dropped behind it and let Antarctica off my back. I told him to quickly crawl inside. Thankfully, he did just as I said. I crawled inside after him and once again told him to be very quiet. I could hear my heart race, as I tucked in tight. Unfortunately, the tree was too slim to fit in comfortably, so I had Antarctica's feet in my face the whole time.

We stayed quiet for a long time, I wasn't sure how long, but I heard Dad walked past us nine times. He grumbled thing under his breath, but he eventually left. I wriggled myself out of the tree and pulled Antarctica out after. I let out a massive sigh, it felt like I had been holding my breath the whole time. I just wanted to make sure he was alright.

"How are you doing?" I asked tiredly.

"That was awesome!! Can you do that again?" He said excitedly.

"What? You want me to force you into a log again?" I said, one part confused, other part trying to make the situation less tense.

"Nooo. The ride! I want another ride!" He said with a big grin.

"Heh, not right now. I am really tired and seconds from crashing," I forced out a laugh. He seemed to be happy with this.