Cellar

New Zealand's POV:

It was cold and quiet. I felt scared. The cellar was dark and I thought I could see the shadows move. I backed into a corner and sat down, hugging myself. I really needed Cloudy. He would have made everything better.

I was very scared. I had never come down here before, although I was curious about what was down here. I wanted to look around, but the shadows frightened me. I kept my eyes closed tightly and tried to think of happy thoughts.

My mind kept rushing back to the same question. Why am I here? I helped UK with the bandage, but he still left me down here. At least he didn't chain me up. I honestly thought he was going to hurt me worse then what he did.

I couldn't stop asking myself these questions. I decided to look around the cellar. I gathered up my courage and walked around the room. The floor was cold against my bare feet. On one side of the room was a wall of strange-looking shelves and bottles.

I walked over to the bottles and took one off the shelf. I could see a red liquid inside. It looked like juice. I managed to take the lid off and decided to try the juice. It wasn't Juice it tasted horrible. I spat it out but got it all over my pyjamas.

I put the lid on the bottle again and put it back. I looked down at what I was wearing.

"UK is going to kill me when he sees this," I said out loud. I looked around for something to clean myself. I found nothing except more bottles of not juice. I tried to wipe the stuff off my pyjamas, but it only seemed to spread. I stopped trying and sat down.

I lay down on the floor and slowly fell asleep.

...In the morning...

I woke to sound of the door closing. I stood up and walked over to the door. It was locked, but there was a plate of toast on the ground. At least I wouldn't go hungry. I picked up the plate and ate the toast. Still warm too.

I notice a stream of light entering the cellar. I walked over to where the light was coming from, still holding my plate of toast. A small window lined with bars was allowing the light to enter. I tried to look through it, but I was to short.

I looked around for something to help me see through the window. Besides I tonne of bottles, there was really anything. I did the stupid thing and took two of the glass bottles from the shelf and positioned them so I could stand on them.

I carefully stood on top of the bottles and looked out the window. I could see the sunlight. The window leads to the front garden. Although, I was at eye level with the grass and window was very slim.

I saw a few people walking by the house. I wondered if they would notice me.

UK's POV:

I felt bad for put New Zealand in the cellar. I had spent the night contemplating other ways I could have dealt with him. As long as he doesn't touch the wine he shouldn't get in much trouble.

I made him toast for breakfast and went down to the cellar. It was still slightly dark in there and New Zealand seemed to be asleep. I place the toast at the door and left. I made sure to lock the door again. I wouldn't want him escaping.

Back in the kitchen, I went to fill up the kettle. However, lifting the kettle was painful with my arm the way it was. After I had the kettle boiling I sat down at the table and picked up the newspaper to read.

It didn't take long before my boys entered the kitchen. As I expected, the avoided me as much as possible. Australia looked tired as he grabbed the box of Weet-Bix and a bowl. The kettle finished boiling so I finished making myself some tea. 

I sat back down and sipped my tea. I watched as Australia tried to pour the milk in his bowl and missed completely.

"Australia, are you alright?" I asked. He looked at me drowsily.

"Yeah, sure," His voice seemed slurred.

"You didn't sleep, did you?"

"Why would you care," He mumbled under his breath.

"Because I am your father," I said sternly.

"Like that matters, you aren't even my real dad," He grumbled. I was getting frustrated.

"It does matter, I am in charge of you and your wellbeing," I began to raise my voice.

"Then what did you do to Kiwi!" Australia shouted.

"This is about your little brother?"

"Of course it is!"

"New Zealand is fine, you just won't see him for a few days," I said. I knew if I told him where New Zealand was, Australia would break him out.

"What do you mean, 'for a few days'?" He started getting angry.

"That is none of your concern,"

"How!? He is my little brother!" Australia looked me dead in the eyes.

"He is only your brother if I am your father. You and New Zealand are only related because I'm here. So until you treat me with respect, you will not know!" I said standing up. I left the room. I could hear Australia throw one of the chairs.

"Aussie, calm down," I heard Canada say. Australia stormed out of the kitchen with his breakfast. He gave me a death glare as he stomped up the stairs to his bedroom.

"And I have to go to work today," I sighed to myself. I looked down at my watch to check the time. I was late. Quickly grabbed everything I needed to and rushed out the door.

"I'm going to work now, France may drop in during the day," I said as walked out the door. I tried to push this morning's events to the back of my mind. I got in the car and started the ignition. It has been a while since I have attended work. It will take a while to get back into the swing of things. I won't be back until late, but at least the boys know how to make lunch.

"Crap! I forgot to give New Zealand lunch for today!"