Sheep

Maori's POV:

"Hold still," I commanded.

"OW!" Fiji shouted as I pulled out the ceramic shard. I held a cloth over the cut to clean up the blood.

Fiji and I attempted to rescue Aotearoa. It didn't go to plan. I wasn't expecting UK to be that violent. I hope Kiwi is okay. Malaysia warned us but, we went anyway. I was struck as well. I had a slight cut above my eye, from when I failed to dodge the teacup.

Fiji got it worse though. He had a large cut scrapping his arm. Luckily, it wasn't bleed too heavily so I was able to patch it up well enough. I put the cloth down and looked at Fiji. He rubbed the bandaged area nodded thankfully.

I smiled and patted him on the back. There was no way Aotearoa could be safe around UK. I was scared and angry for my brother. He was strong though, he could handle himself for now. I let out a sigh and went outside to feed the sheep.

Feeding the sheep was something Aotearoa enjoyed doing before he was taken. He was really good at taking care of the animals while I was the one who would take care of the land. It has been difficult without his help.

I sat down in the paddock and watched as the sheep made their way over to me. I lay down as one of the sheep started eating the grass around me. The sheep reminded me of my time with Aotearoa.

I can remember when we were younger and he would be playing with the sheep while I was in the next paddock gathering flax for making baskets and other useful items. I tried to teach Aotearoa how to weave but, he never got the hang of it.

Fiji and Malay do their own things these days so I don't see them very often. Fiji has only been hanging out with me lately because of his sighting of our brother.

"What are you doing?" Malaysia snapped me out of my thoughts. He stood over me waiting for a response.

"Just thinking," I sighed. I sat up and looked at him.

"Fiji told me what happened, I hate to say I told you so," He sighed as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, yeah. You were right,"

"Is something bothering you?"

"I miss Aotearoa,"

"We all do," Malay said as he patted my shoulder.

"I just hope he is okay," I said as I looked up at the passing clouds. Malaysia looked up as well. We sat there for a while. I was trying to clear my head.

"I'm going fishing later, do you want to join me?" Malaysia said after a while of silence.

"That sounds nice," I smiled. Malaysia stood up and nodded.

"I'll see you later then," He said before he turned around to leave. As soon as he was out of sight, I stood up and started caring for the sheep. 

New Zealand's POV:

I sat on UK's bed, hugging his pillow as he came into the room. I watched him toss something in the bin by the door. He walked over to me and told me everything was okay. I wasn't sure how much I believed him.

I slid off the bed and stood behind Canada as they talked briefly. UK mentioned something about being more than one of them. I felt a little scared. Who were they? I got a feeling that they were after me, like what UK mentioned earlier.

I sat in the lounge for a while. I was watching TV with Canada and America. However, it didn't take long before America was wanting to change the channel. I got bored of what America wanted to watch, so I went upstairs to get Cloudy.

As I walked past the doors of my brothers, I stopped outside of Aussie's room. I was scared to knock so I kept going to my room. I opened the door and saw Cloudy sitting on my bed. I walked over and picked him up. I felt good to hug him again.

I left my room with Cloudy in my arms. Once again I stopped at Aussie's door. With Cloudy at my side, I knocked on the door. Although I was still scared of him, I really needed to see if was feeling better. There was no response, so I knocked again.

"What do you want?" I could hear Aussie say.

"It's me, Kiwi," I said trying to sound brave.

"Go away," He said rather sadly.

"I just wanted to see how you-"

"I SAID GO AWAY!! NOW PISS OFF!!" He shouted at me through the door. I backed away from the door out of fear. I hugged Cloudly tighter and wandered to the bathroom. I didn't need to go, it was just the only room I could lock.

I felt hurt and I could feel tears threatening to roll down my face. I locked the bathroom door. I wiped away the tears that were just leaking through. Unfortunately, it only made it worse and the tears came faster.

I slid down the door to the floor and hugged Cloudy as tight as I could. As I hugged Cloudy I felt something cold press against my chest. I wiped the tears away again and put Cloudy next to. I reached down my shirt and felt the shape of the necklace I found. I almost forgot about.

I pulled it out from my shirt and looked at the spiral-like shape of the jade pendant on the end. My emotions about the necklace were strange. It reminded me of my sister and thoughts about her were still on the bitter side.

I stood up and walked over to the mirror, with Cloudy in my hand. I looked at my reflection. I looked like a pitiful little boy. I am not what I used to be anymore. Another tear dripped from my face and into the sink.

I tucked the necklace back into my shirt. I looked down at Cloudy and hugged him. There was a knock at the door.

"Is someone in there?" Came the voice.

"Yeah," I replied trying not to let the sadness seep into my voice.

"Well, are you using the toilet? Cause I need to go,".